Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton V Port Adelaide Saturday 30th March 5.10PM @ Adelaide Oval - TEAM - Post #727

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head to the Cathedral Hotel from 1pm. Cost is $10 for members and is run by the SA supporters group.
They have finger food and last year we had the President, Sticks, Andy McKay and Barnaby French speak. They do a raffle and it's a casual way to catch up with fellow Blues supporters. It's a less that 5 minute walk from Adelaide Oval.
Sounds great. We’ll be there

I’m really hoping that with opportunity Garlett can lock down a defensive position this year. He has the pace and skills to play on the small forwards that always seem to cut us up.

Not only that, but if Garlett can lock down a possie in the best 22 that might just be an added incentive for his great mate Pickett to lock down the much needed small forward position.

Definitely worth persisting with Garlett for a while I reckon.

Head to the Cathedral Hotel from 1pm. Cost is $10 for members and is run by the SA supporters group.
They have finger food and last year we had the President, Sticks, Andy McKay and Barnaby French speak. They do a raffle and it's a casual way to catch up with fellow Blues supporters. It's a less that 5 minute walk from Adelaide Oval.

Unfortunately, will not be able to make it, or even the game it seems.

And my little work hotel is stone sold out already.

At this stage I think we are a tall short, unless MM goes back, which is not ideal

Weitering v Westhoff
Plowman v Watts
Jones v Ryder/Lycett

Newman v Gray

Leaves Marshall

Goddard might get a gig this week

Wish Macreadie and or Marchbank were fit

Port's talls cover the ground well. Lycett maybe not so much, but Ryder, Westhoff and Marshall will be difficult to keep up with. Agree that Goddard may get a call up, and, what chance Westhoff has consecutive blinders? On past experience he'll hibernate for a few weeks.

Port's talls cover the ground well. Lycett maybe not so much, but Ryder, Westhoff and Marshall will be difficult to keep up with. Agree that Goddard may get a call up, and, what chance Westhoff has consecutive blinders? On past experience he'll hibernate for a few weeks.

Wish Macreadie was up and about, perfect matchup for Westhoff

I’m really hoping that with opportunity Garlett can lock down a defensive position this year. He has the pace and skills to play on the small forwards that always seem to cut us up.

Not only that, but if Garlett can lock down a possie in the best 22 that might just be an added incentive for his great mate Pickett to lock down the much needed small forward position.

Definitely worth persisting with Garlett for a while I reckon.

I would persist, but not as a defender

Wing/HF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth noting that according to the GPS data we ran more km’s than any other club and double Essendon’s km’s. Hoping this means we can run teams off their feet but also concerned that maybe we can’t back that up this week.

9 day break so this should not be an issue at all

So so true.
We've never really had a great match up for him.

Jones to Westhoff...he's their most dangerous tall forward without Dixon and Jones is our best 1v1 defender.

Problem is Westhoff roams around the ground a lot...and Jones is only good as a fullback.
In terms of running ability and endurance Weiters would be the best fit...could be a good test for Weiters to see if he's really improved.

Worth noting that according to the GPS data we ran more km’s than any other club and double Essendon’s km’s. Hoping this means we can run teams off their feet but also concerned that maybe we can’t back that up this week.

Really great to see...Russell's got us fit despite having lots of kids.

We'll look a lot better once our forwards start producing and we get better mid/forward connection.

Problem against Richmond was our mids running hard to set up a nice inside 50 kick, only for our forwards to fail and Richmond rebound immediately, forcing our mids to have to chase the Richmond mids they just burned off...forwards need to produce to ease the burden on the mids.

I too was ready to write off the Ed up forward trial but on reflection he actually got into positions several times to create something, while still getting plenty of the pill. Yes he made bad decisions and slowed things down but they're stuff that can be overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back