Preview RND 20 - Carlton v St Kilda, Friday 30th July 7:50 PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #222

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Harry doesn’t get up they would have to be tempted to play Kemp, especially whilst Charlie is still underdone. We can’t be another midget colony and he gives us the flexibility to throw Jones or Weiters forward. Membrey will kick his usual 6 anyway..

Don’t worry about Membrey there’s a player named King who goes alright.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should be making plenty of changes last 4 games, get Murphy & Betts to achieve their milestones. In preparation for 2028 and beyond let’s let’s see if we have any gold in our VFL team.

FTFY

Theory that no one asked for. The league are aware that Charlie Curnow is returning this round and have scheduled Carlton’s first Friday night game in 37 years. You know it makes sense.

A lot of emotion spent on last weeks game, finding it difficult to get excited for this one. Really hoping for some debuts, youth and enthusiasm can be a wonderful tonic.
Are we a real chance in this one?
They have too many quality talls compared to what we can Russell up.
We are too one paced through the middle of the ground.
Hoping for a scrappy, disjointed, ugly, stoppage plagued mess
Blues by a point, goal from the boundary line 50 out, after the final siren.

Please let McKay play, would be cruel to rob him off the coleman (and all the punters who are on him)... park him in the goal square if his toe is iffy and just kick it too him.
While I agree and would hate to see him pipped of it at the end because of a dastardly toe, the club won't give a flying f**k about punters who have money on him, and nor should they.

Seriously hope he does get on though. Still, he's currently 6 ahead of Tex in 2nd and 7 ahead of Hawkins. You'd think he could miss this week and still hold the lead by 3-4 goals, though I'd rather he play and kick 6 and bury the race completely!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to laugh when I read the fixture change. Talk about the AFL rubbing it in......

Yep.
Our footy club can be embarrassed in prime time yet again. What a time to be alive.
Saints will win by 10 goals plus.

Well, last week was abysmal. I have been against the "just play the kids" idea for most of the year but after last week, let it rip.
You could quite easily drop half of that side and not get any complaints from me.

If any of the below are ready and fit, bring them in:
C. Curnow, McKay, Kemp, O'Brien, Honey, Ramsay, Carroll

Williams and Betts will go out injured but after that some other possible omissions:
Plowman, SPS, Newman, Cottrell, Owies, Williamson, Fisher

If Cripps, Martin or anyone else needs surgery. Get it done now. Get to day 1 of pre-season ready to go.

Murphy - Sub

In: McGovern, Harry, Charlie (fu**
It - let’s put them in together for the final 4 rounds), O’Brien, Ramsay and Kemp
Out: Murphy, Willians, Betts, Cotterell, Newman, Williamson
Better off playing Murphy ahead of McGovern. McGovern should not be gifted any more games until he proves himself in the ressies.
There are kids busting their backsides and this prima donna gets a game b/c he is on a huge contract.

Well, last week was abysmal. I have been against the "just play the kids" idea for most of the year but after last week, let it rip.
You could quite easily drop half of that side and not get any complaints from me.

If any of the below are ready and fit, bring them in:
C. Curnow, McKay, Kemp, O'Brien, Honey, Ramsay, Carroll

Williams and Betts will go out injured but after that some other possible omissions:
Plowman, SPS, Newman, Cottrell, Owies, Williamson, Fisher

If Cripps, Martin or anyone else needs surgery. Get it done now. Get to day 1 of pre-season ready to go.

Murphy - Sub

I am happy with a Murphy sub but he will most certain be in the 22 for #300.

6.5 day break for us and we’ve been in Melbourne for over a month. 6 day break for saints who have just had a trip back from WA.

Hopefully we have a lot of players that have some Energy left after all the energy they threw up last weekend. Lol.

if we get Harry back and Curnow comes in I like our chances at Marvel.

Saints should get Marshall back and coffield/McKenzie.

From memory, North had back to back 6 day breaks going from WA, QLD and back to melb before playing us.

We somehow made them look track stars.

This game could get ugly, keep our fingers crossed, really hope we done get another thumping coming our way.

I don't think there is any doubt. Yes we have injuries, but we have far more serious that that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back