Preview RND 21 - Carlton v GC Suns Sat 7th August 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team - Post #366

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this is a bit of a danger game. They're going to be as furious as they ever have this year against us; they were embarrassed against Melbourne, and there's an awful lot of talent in that team. Melbourne were able to beat them like that because they're broader; the Suns quality players around the ball fell away because two/three people couldn't match six to nine, and Gawn was always going to give his team good service.

We have neither advantage over GC.

We need to arrive hungry for the contest and to push their head into the ground early. Make them feel how hard it's going to be, and they might just wilt. But if we turn up expecting them to roll over and we gift them a sniff, they'll be much harder to put away.

Realistically, I see us winning in both circumstances; it would only be if we allowed them a seven-eight goal run for them to get over us. They're more hurt by their absences than we are, even in TDK's absence. The difference is margin; if we do not take them as seriously as we should, we'll win by 10+. If we hunt them the way we hunted St Kilda, we'll win by much more, and if we can keep our foot down all match we'll trounce them in an unedifying way.

I think that this is a bit of a danger game. They're going to be as furious as they ever have this year against us; they were embarrassed against Melbourne, and there's an awful lot of talent in that team. Melbourne were able to beat them like that because they're broader; the Suns quality players around the ball fell away because two/three people couldn't match six to nine, and Gawn was always going to give his team good service.

We have neither advantage over GC.

We need to arrive hungry for the contest and to push their head into the ground early. Make them feel how hard it's going to be, and they might just wilt. But if we turn up expecting them to roll over and we gift them a sniff, they'll be much harder to put away.

Realistically, I see us winning in both circumstances; it would only be if we allowed them a seven-eight goal run for them to get over us. They're more hurt by their absences than we are, even in TDK's absence. The difference is margin; if we do not take them as seriously as we should, we'll win by 10+. If we hunt them the way we hunted St Kilda, we'll win by much more, and if we can keep our foot down all match we'll trounce them in an unedifying way.

GC are done for the year - mentally shot

If we turn up like we did against the saints this should be easily achievable. Weitering shouldnt have any problem with GC's King - he had a warm up last week

10 goal wins are a bonus.

If we win every game and others play out based on favouritism ( yes I know it is somewhat meaningless) we will make the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can manage to belt a team for once this season, then this is the game to do it. Should see us leapfrog the Bombers and Giants on the ladder and pull very close to the Tigers on percentage at the conclusion of the round.

Freo don't get up against the Lions, we're 9th. If they do, we're 10th.

If Freo, Richmond, Giants and Bombers all lose, we're in the 8 end of this round as long as we win...

If we win every game and others play out based on favouritism ( yes I know it is somewhat meaningless) we will make the 8.

If we get over a returning to form Port at Adelaide oval, you can make a solid case that we deserve to make finals.

Yeah no doubt - last week was a good a performance we have had in a long time - faded late but game was in hand for a long time. Helped St Kilda put in a Carlton-esque crap game (like they have quite often this year)

I just want to win, how ever it is done.

No matter how crap the opposition might be or how mentally shot they seem, the reality is this is a professional competition with professional athletes. Any week could be a danger if the opposition is switched on and you're down even 5-10%.

Confident we'll get a win, but maybe only a small one.

Much more nervous about the week after, we seem to be allergic to winning 3 games in a row regardless of opposition.

It’s also very possible Murphy doesn’t play next week and they hold off his 300th for the last round against the Giants

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think Murph will be sub this week (game 299) and rested for the Port game and be named in the 22 for game 300 against GWS.

And then will announce he has retired.

GC are done for the year - mentally shot

Yep, had some decent battles midyear, but clearly tired and suffering their usual end of year lapse.

Reckon despite some recent beltings they've made some good strides, but can't see us losing with a mathematical chance to make the finals, at home and in a reasonable spot of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back