Game Day Rnd 5 - Carlton v Bulldogs Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great start. From our website..

LEVI Casboult will replace Charlie Curnow for today’s clash against the Bulldogs.

Curnow had a knock to his right knee at training on Thursday and experienced some soreness. As a result, the decision was made to withdraw Curnow for today’s game.

Levi...your job is to smash the packs and take contested marks.
'smashing packs' will bring the ball to the deck. the bulldogs would like nothing better than for us to kick to contests all day.

Casboult was always going to play.

Need a backup ruck so Kreuzer can play in bursts and Casboult has been very good in that role. Gives us a genuine advantage we will need to negate their midfield.

We can win this if our backline fires as it has been. I expect we will play Weitering/Marchbank/Jones rotating loose as per last week. They’ll kill us at times in the midfield with Macrae, Bont, Hunter all racking up the ball, but our defensive structure will make it hard for them to score. The key for us will be rebounding - can we go end to end and score. If we move the ball aggressively and accurately, we win. If we turn it over and let them catch us out of position, we lose.

My heart and head both say this isn’t the week, I’m afraid. In fact, we may well need a belting to set the heads straight. I’m worried Too many guys afraid to make mistakes after last week. That’ll just translate to another 3 goal loss.

But, there’s always hope, particularly -5 minutes before we begin.

Que Sera Sera
Whatever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Sera Sera
What will be will be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great start. From our website..

LEVI Casboult will replace Charlie Curnow for today’s clash against the Bulldogs.

Curnow had a knock to his right knee at training on Thursday and experienced some soreness. As a result, the decision was made to withdraw Curnow for today’s game.

Levi...your job is to smash the packs and take contested marks.
Knock at training?

I'd argue the knock came in JLT1.
Then same injury flared up v Port.

Has not been right all year. Give him a good break to get it right and reward performances in the 2s e.g. Kerr as third tall fwd

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Bulldogs will go toe to toe with any midfield in the comp... It’s clearly not all about midfield, else they’d be up around the top of the ladder. We’ll probably have to win it from defence though and hope we’ve improved our inside 50 plays.

Edit: if we continue to win the midfield battle, we should win comfortably!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Bulldogs will go toe to toe with any midfield in the comp... It’s clearly not all about midfield, else they’d be up around the top of the ladder. We’ll probably have to win it from defence though and hope we’ve improved our inside 50 plays.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Which is why Kreuzer is so important today.

No really expecting anything special today.....another loss by 25 pts is my guess.
As much as i would love a win, it aint gonna happen.
Call sceptic, but i think i am a realist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back