Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garlett was underwhelming in VFL last week from reports so doubt he will play, could be his week to be travelling emergency.

Cuningham for Polson would be a great outcome IMO.

Charlie in for Levi probably means Harry plays ruck relief. Not sure we want that. Might be another week’s rest for Charlie.

If Kennedy comes in then I think someone is injured. L’Ob would have a run with matchup with Smith, Scully or Henderson. Perhaps Gibbons needs a rest or Ed ?

Underwhelming would be an understatement.
If Garlett was to be selected he would have had to have put in the mother of all training sessions this week.

Just can't see the need for Kennedy this week for a couple of reasons.

CCurnow and Cuningham are the ones that may and should have a look in, although given some anomalies presented tonight, one may get the feeling that CCurnow won't be playing anywhere this week.

Looks like no change to me.

If CCurnow was to be in the main team then..........hang on........why isn't he named in the NB's team?
That's a little weird as most of the other players except Simpson have been.

Have to have a look at this and try and make sense of it.

EDIT: Of the 8 named on the extended interchange bench, Simpson and CCurnow haven't been included in the Northern Blues team.
That's unusual, as usually all those named on the extended interchange are included in the NB's team.

It means they have niggling injuries. They will either play seniors or not at all. No point naming players who definitely won’t play.

Three theories:
- Charlie and Simmo both in the Seniors 22 and the exclusion from the Northern Blues squad is just respectful to a legend and future legend
- Charlie and Simmo not playing in either team, listed in the squad as a ruse but the Northern Blues knew they are not playing at all but didn't get the memo to go with the ruse
- the fact neither aren't named in NB squad means nothing and I am wasting ink and stamps in typing this, printing it out and sending it via Aust Post to all my regular readers

Would like Cuningham, Charlie, Simmo and JSOS but suspect they will keep Casboult in instead of Charlie or JSOS due to Harry's inability to play second ruck and still dominate up forward.

As others have said Cuners is dead cert to come in for Polson unless Cuner’s kidney crawls out of his mouth and kicks him in the nuts.

They’re also playing 50/50 with Cas and Charlie. Which is good. I’ll be happy either way.

Add Willo next week and that’s our best 22 locked and loaded (we can quibble about Gibbons v Kennedy).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Setterfield (and Docherty albeit not available)

Plow that is a pretty weak comment

I love Polson. But if Cuningham is an option and right there for selection, I'd be sick if we didn't take it. Would be disrespectful to the rest of the team not to have the best available squad out there.

I wish everyone had Polson's team ethos.

I love Polson. But if Cuningham is an option and right there for selection, I'd be sick if we didn't take it. Would be disrespectful to the rest of the team not to have the best available squad out there.

I wish everyone had Polson's team ethos.

We all want Cuners to do well

But I want what is best for this squad, this week and beyond

Charlie has not fired a shot, but want him in because of what he is capable of doing, thank f%&$, his name is not Weitering or he would be traded for whatever we could get

Now Cuners is the new messiah, based on a half of football

Hope no player performs poorly this week when we win, could be penciled in for the next execution

I think it Charlie comes in it'll be at the expense of Silvagni. Not that he deserves to be dropped but Charlie is a direct replacement, and I would be surprised to see Jack stay over Levi after last week.

Wonder if Simpson has pulled up sore and Garlett is his cover, don't recall Simo named on the bench for some time, tho I could be wrong.

Charlie has not fired a shot, but want him in because of what he is capable of doing, thank f%&$, his name is not Weitering or he would be traded for whatever we could get

Hope no player performs poorly this week when we win, could be penciled in for the next execution

And I want Cunners in because of what he is capable of doing, which we all saw against Richmond and the 3 pre-season games (not a half of football). And that is 20-25 quality disposals of the football, scoring a goal or two and applying pressure defensively.

You will then go on to mention that pre-season form is like dancing with your sister, to which I will reply that often pre-season form carries into the regular season, particularly with younger players who don't pace themselves like the senior guys do. Charlie was sub-par in pre-season and that has extended into the season proper, unsurprisingly.

Cunners is not the messiah, but when fit he is undeniably an enormous upgrade on Polson and adds another dimension to our team.

Your last sentence is unusual. We don't drop players based on one poor game, particularly younger ones. Polson's last 2 games at senior level have yielded 8 disposals, 3 tackles and no goals.

This is a necessary change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggesting Cuningham to come in as a like to like replacement for an underperforming player does not imply he's the messiah.

He's had a good pre season and his time to start firing some shots is now, needs the opportunity.

And I want Cunners in because of what he is capable of doing, which we all saw against Richmond and the 3 pre-season games (not a half of football). And that is 20-25 quality disposals of the football, scoring a goal or two and applying pressure defensively.

You will then go on to mention that pre-season form is like dancing with your sister, to which I will reply that often pre-season form carries into the regular season, particularly with younger players who don't pace themselves like the senior guys do. Charlie was sub-par in pre-season and that has extended into the season proper, unsurprisingly.

Cunners is not the messiah, but when fit he is undeniably an enormous upgrade on Polson and adds another dimension to our team.

Your last sentence is unusual. We don't drop players based on one poor game, particularly younger ones. Polson's last 2 games at senior level have yielded 8 disposals, 3 tackles and no goals.

This is a necessary change.

The possessions thingie, play on

The possessions thingie, play on

What do you mean?

I know you value Polson's intangibles and unaccounted for acts that don't receive a stat, as do I. But surely one cannot argue that his overall impact is likely to exceed Cuningham's?

That would be... I don't know what it would be.

Yep ..leave Levi in for onother week and Charlie can rest his knee for onother week..
Will have to leave tat up to medical/selectors....def get C.Curnow up and about if possible
Got to keep him ticking over.....
end of the day....get anyone out for C.Curnow
Cunno should be in 22...why wait?
Polson out
Casboult always plays well in easy games....never plays well under tough opposition i think out.

Looks like no change to me.

If CCurnow was to be in the main team then..........hang on........why isn't he named in the NB's team?
That's a little weird as most of the other players except Simpson have been.

Have to have a look at this and try and make sense of it.

EDIT: Of the 8 named on the extended interchange bench, Simpson and CCurnow haven't been included in the Northern Blues team.
That's unusual, as usually all those named on the extended interchange are included in the NB's team.
I think it can only mean: these guns don’t play VFL, so forget it, they are either playing AFL or not at all.

I think it Charlie comes in it'll be at the expense of Silvagni. Not that he deserves to be dropped but Charlie is a direct replacement, and I would be surprised to see Jack stay over Levi after last week.

Wonder if Simpson has pulled up sore and Garlett is his cover, don't recall Simo named on the bench for some time, tho I could be wrong.
Won't be the case. JSOS was very solid last week. His game, influence and output were better than any of Charlie's games so far.

What do you mean?

I know you value Polson's intangibles and unaccounted for acts that don't receive a stat, as do I. But surely one cannot argue that his overall impact is likely to exceed Cuningham's?

That would be... I don't know what it would be.
Wrong (just trying to help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back