Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, if Cuningham is fit enough to play for the NB's then he's fit enough to play ones.

He looks a far better player than Polson at this stage and should take his place. FFS Polson played 61% of game time last week, surely Cuningham can do that.

Just as much chance to be injured in the twos as there is in the firsts.

Debate Kennedy v Cuners, as I have already stated Polson should do a stint in the VFL

I have already stated countless times that Polson should be sent back to the VFL and Kennedy should come in over Cuners

Debate Kennedy v Cuners, nothing else

Again, Kennedy slower, less suited to the position, less form and played almost as little games in the past 5 weeks but with less training.

Counter?

I think that overlooks the fact Cuningham has also done very little besides have potential for 18 months. Unlucky with injuries yes but the why is hardly the point. In fact there is an argument to say an always fit player is better than one thats always injured no matter what the upside.
I get that yeah, but I just think he's got too much talent to leave out when we're in decent form. Gotta capitalise.

Again, Kennedy slower, less suited to the position, less form and played almost as little games in the past 5 weeks but with less training.

Counter?

Midfielder Macca not forward

Okay let's change tact, given you want like for like and someone that is more of a forward

If Fasolo was up and about, coming back through the VFL, would you select Fasolo or Cuners to come in for Polson?

Can't wait for another small forward to tear us a new one. Forget polson v cunners debate.. Who's going to take wingard, breust, & puopolo, etc? That'll be key in this game.. Thomas, Simpson and garlett?... *scratches head*

Plowman on Puopolo.
Simpson on .... on.... Wingard. No maybe Newman.
Breust? Marchbank? Thomas?

People just like being negative. Last Sunday was the best win we've had for years. I've been to 8 premierships and not once walked away and said so and so played a shithouse game.
That's kinda the point, we want to be a premiership side. If we win one I doubt anyone on here will be thinking about who could improve the side the week after...

Midfielder Macca not forward

Okay let's change tact, given you want like for like and someone that is more of a forward

If Fasolo was up and about, coming back through the VFL, would you select Fasolo or Cuners to come in for Polson?

Fasolo is up and about coming back through the VFL. And no, I wouldn't because again, his form has been terrible and he offers us nothing long term.

And so you demand a debate on Kennedy V Cuningham and as soon as you are presented with an argument you want to change tack. Even if we were picking both as a mid Kennedy is still slower, in worse form and has been injured for roughly the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plowman on Puopolo.
Simpson on .... on.... Wingard. No maybe Newman.
Breust? Marchbank? Thomas?

I like Plowman on Puopolo, can match him aerially and at ground level. Marchbank on Wingard, who will be too crafty and nimble for Newman. Use our height advantage... o_O

Newman will have to go with Breust, not ideal.

Fasolo is up and about coming back through the VFL. And no, I wouldn't because again, his form has been terrible and he offers us nothing long term.

And so you demand a debate on Kennedy V Cuningham and as soon as you are presented with an argument you want to change tack. Even if we were picking both as a mid Kennedy is still slower, in worse form and has been injured for roughly the same time.

Macca I am following suit, I suggested Kennedy to come in as a mid and you turn it round that he is slower than Cuners who you want to play as a forward

So again Macca,

Kennedy v Cuners

Polson strikes me as a role player whereas Cuningham is a natural footballer. Polson should be fighting it out with Gibbons, JSOS and Fasolo for the final two spots.

Long term I prefer Gibbons to Polson and Fasolo over JSOS.

Maybe I'm just overly biased, but after seeing Cunningham's JLT and round one performances I'd consider him one of our more damaging players and would be getting as many games into him a possible to catch up with the other 2015 (and 2016) draftees.

Macca I am following suit, I suggested Kennedy to come in as a mid and you turn it round that he is slower than Cuners who you want to play as a forward

So again Macca,

Kennedy v Cuners

I also pointed out Kennedy was out of form.

Kennedy in as a mid - slow, can't spread, doesn't impact when pushed forward, offers nothing we aren't getting elsewhere and is out of form
Kennedy in as a forward - doesn't really work
Cunners in as a mid - great speed and burst from stoppage, can go forward, is dangerous on the outside has shown great form.
Cunners in as a forward - dangerous around goals, good crumber and around the stoppage and put on good defensive pressure.

Are you going to finally offer a reason for Kennedy?

And again you raise the Fasolo argument, I counter it and then you ignore it. It is as if you no you have no leg to stand on but want to argue anyway.

Maybe I'm just overly biased, but after seeing Cunningham's JLT and round one performances I'd consider him one of our more damaging players and would be getting as many games into him a possible to catch up with the other 2015 (and 2016) draftees.

That's what most level headed posters are suggesting.
But god forbid we disrupt 'team cohesion' or the 'role' that people are playing out there.

No doubt. My only comment to that is we want to bring him in ready so he can hopefully have a consistent run at it. I'm sure the MC will make the right decision

IMO if Cuningham can get a block of games in a row we will see a much improved player

This is essentially it.

His upside is enormous, and that's not taking into account his form was already top notch prior.

I see a Shane Edwards type player who can impact through the midfield and forward with burst speed and power.

This is essentially it.

His upside is enormous, and that's not taking into account his form was already top notch prior.

I see a Shane Edwards type player who can impact through the midfield and forward with burst speed and power.
I think Shane Edwards might wish he was Cuningham by the end of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back