VFL RND 6 - Carlton v Werribee Saturday 4th May 2.05PM @ Avalon Airport Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The level is miles below the level required to make an AFL list, let alone play an AFL game. Felt like a pretty cheap jab at Durdin and Fantasia

It’s not a jab. It’s recognition of how little they’ve offered..

And while the level is lower, you’re aware that it’s the VFL teams we will be looking at to pluck someone for MSD.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not a jab. It’s recognition of how little they’ve offered..

And while the level is lower, you’re aware that it’s the VFL teams we will be looking at to pluck someone for MSD.

You pick players that have scope for improvement, not necessarily the player with the best number or impact. They aren't in full time programs, so it's much more of a gamble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You pick players that have scope for improvement, not necessarily the player with the best number or impact. They aren't in full time programs, so it's much more of a gamble

White is young and seems to have talent. Has kicked goals in a team that has a dysfunctional forward line. He probably won’t get chosen, but I like what I see.

Akuei has been our best defender…

Kemps been terrible.

Durdin has been good, kept his man quiet.

Lemmey thankfully moved to the forward line.

Wilson has had the ball but also turned it over.

Carroll has been scrappy, but by far our best mid (though not a big a bar)

Moir and Monahan have been mostly unsighted.

Mirkov and O’Keefe have tapped to Werribee’s mids all day and they can’t mark a ball.

Binns has been fine. He’s hit a level which he may not pass this year.

And what if we spend half a season playing him out of position, it doesn't work, and his development's stunted? I thought we were past this

You’re right. But it doesn’t need to be half a season. It could be as much as three or four games.

I just posed it as an idea. Not wedded to it. And I doubt it will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back