Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton v GWS Saturday 16th May 4.35PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see him win his own ball but we will probably use him as 1 of our 6 taggers this week again.....

Isn't this frustrating !! You'd think after the performances of the last weeks that Mick might employ some 'mug' tactics and perhaps go in without a tag.

The players look so constrained in body and mind at the moment I can't see the issue in just releasing a bit of pressure for a week or two and tell them all to 'see ball - get ball' !!.

He is a realtively high draft pick that is older than most of the other kids. He needs to play until he can't play anymore IMO

Whiley was a zone selection.

He just doesn't have the fitness atm.

Boekhurst, Watson, Graham, Menzel, Cripps, Docherty, Jaksch, Smith are all likely to play next week.

We have enough kids playing.

Not suggesting the guy will make it or not but I believe he was essentially recruited as a third tall to compliment our other talls.

I believe he has been doing that quite well. He told Knockers he had nice legs, told Hendo he adored his hair style, told Rowey he had a beaut set of guns on him, told Jamo that his butt could break glass, told Levi his beard really suited him, told Jaksch that the blue jumper set off his lovely eyes, told Kreuzer that he just loved his new moon boot, told Wood he was the funniest guy in the team, and told Watto that his head was cute and not to listen to all the meanies who called him "pumpkin scone".

I'll show myself out.

Whiley was a zone selection.

He just doesn't have the fitness atm.

Boekhurst, Watson, Graham, Menzel, Cripps, Docherty, Jaksch, Smith are all likely to play next week.

We have enough kids playing.

My bad, you are correct.

I do hope Watson plays, but probably won't.

Out of all those kids, there is only 2 midfielders. GWS were playing with 18 kids the last few years. Won't be the difference between a win and a loss. Would also be good to see him against his old club. Might fire him up a bit, play a blinder, and give us all a bit more hope. I am fine even with him starting, and subbing him for Smith in the 3rd qtr. Neither player is physically capable of a full AFL game IMO. Whiley does have a much great fitness base though, being in the system a bit longer. I just feel he needs to be playing league footy week-in, week-out to get his fitness up.

Going back to the VFL and getting 25 easy touches isn't what he needs right now.

Isn't this frustrating !! You'd think after the performances of the last weeks that Mick might employ some 'mug' tactics and perhaps go in without a tag.

The players look so constrained in body and mind at the moment I can't see the issue in just releasing a bit of pressure for a week or two and tell them all to 'see ball - get ball' !!.
Agree completely, at the moment we have about 5 blokes who never ever see the ball unless their direct opponent gets it and they have to chase or tackle them !!

I would love to see him win his own ball but we will probably use him as 1 of our 6 taggers this week again.....

Interested on your thoughts about his disposal, when you observed him in the 2's did he have any hurt factor with his disposal, break a line, have decent penetration or hit targets regularly ??

Interesting question. Didn't watch a lot of NEAFL games but saw enough I suppose. Whiley was always a favourite of mine so I kept an eye on him. He was always good at getting the ball, particularly from the bottom of a pack, and getting it out, mostly to advantage, but those in and under types will always have DE issues in those circumstances.

When up and about and out in the clear it was a slightly different story. He was always good at hitting a target, but often, he took too long. He'd take a mark and wait for various options to present themselves rather than taking the first opportunity. He'd hit the target but by the time he did, the opposition had streamed back and set their defence further down.

He's a tackling machine though so I can see why he was used as a shut down player when brought up to the seniors.

Hope he gets better, because he's a great bloke and deserves regular game time (I just hope it's not this week;))

Interesting question. Didn't watch a lot of NEAFL games but saw enough I suppose. Whiley was always a favourite of mine so I kept an eye on him. He was always good at getting the ball, particularly from the bottom of a pack, and getting it out, mostly to advantage, but those in and under types will always have DE issues in those circumstances.

When up and about and out in the clear it was a slightly different story. He was always good at hitting a target, but often, he took too long. He'd take a mark and wait for various options to present themselves rather than taking the first opportunity. He'd hit the target but by the time he did, the opposition had streamed back and set their defence further down.

He's a tackling machine though so I can see why he was used as a shut down player when brought up to the seniors.

Hope he gets better, because he's a great bloke and deserves regular game time (I just hope it's not this week;))
Thanks for that, you paint a picture that would suit being a favourite of Mick's, just not sure that type will be what our members will be looking for unfortunately as most of us want to see more attacking flair and outside run.

Sounds like a good candidate to do what Carrazzo and Curnow have done once they move on though.

Yes he does seem to take too long to weigh up his options, I can certainly see that, hopefully this improves with more experience.

Whiley and Jones back to VFL to get more than 10 disposals a game. Whiley was brought in way too quickly after a disrupted preseason.

Kreuzer to play at least 1 more week in there as well.

Whiley and Jones back to VFL to get more than 10 disposals a game. Whiley was brought in way too quickly after a disrupted preseason.

Kreuzer to play at least 1 more week in there as well.

Not sure Mick will drop Jones TBH

Worth giving Watson a crack we'll see what happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will play on Cameron? While I'm at it.. Who will play on McCarthy and Stewart? Cheers and Best of luck on Saturday.

How does that work?
It's like you take your phone off the hook and you can hear an encyclopedia inside and games with lights and sometimes a cat.

No expectations because I don't want to be disappointed but hoping we can at least be competitive.

Looking forward to having Yazz, Menz and Simmo back (and Hendo if he is 110%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back