AFL Autopsy RND 7: Draw Against The Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a crazy take. You'd rather lose to the reigning premiers than draw? I'll take the 2 points and take out our poor percentage any day.

I'd rather win.

And we had more chances late to do so.

2 points still good and a % nullifier still good. Reckon this hurts the Pies more than us in the grand scheme of things. We'll take a lot out of that when it comes to confidence for a developing side and hopefully continue to roll on.

Cracking game of footy

Two rucks was a MISTAKE.

Langers would have kicked that 90% of the time

Lipinski kicked 3.3 and 2 x OOTF could have won the game on his own boot.

Pies kicking 6.11 in the first half cost Pies the game.

Bombers gave away some easy goals on turnover

Laverde NEVER AGAIN

Last edited:
Brb.

Waiting for Darcy Moore to finish speaking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Langford was going to slot that and give us a famous win.. but not to be. I am not disappointed (beyond obviously wanting the win!) because that is the first time this season we have really played 4 quarters of tough footy against a top 4 level team.

If we could find a way to stop gifting the oppo at least 2-3 goals from just pure dumb kicks across goal we will be a dangerous team.

I thought we were top heavy before the game and Wright/Draper didn't do anything that makes me change my mind that we were too tall.

Well done to Zachy on the medal AND I loved seeing how hurt the boys were.. finally we have some competitive beasts in this team. Hopefully this is just a stepping stone to bigger things but from where we were under a month ago.. huge turnaround. Well done bombers!

Good effort to fight our way back into it when the pies looked like they would run over the top of us in the second. Pre-Edge Essendon would have crumbled at that point 9 times out of 10 but we kept cracking in and gave ourselves a shot at winning.

I think if we maintained our early season composure in front of goal we'd have won it handily but the last few weeks we've contracted a case of the yips which is not ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back