Robbo & blocking people on Twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know there is a separate cult of Robbo thread but thought this deserves special mention. I noticed tonight on twitter that a lot of people were complaining about being blocked by Robbo in response to Neale Daniher's FreezeMND appeal.
I had the same problem, he blocked me for querying why the Herald Sun were charging $2 for the pre-season AFL Magazine when the Age were still producing it for free. Seemed like a logical question but obviously hit a nerve. Whilst being blocked by "Robbo" the peoples champion (or so he thinks) is not a huge issue or a life changing event, it got me thinking....unusual & dangerous but true!!
Robbo is always saying what his Twitter follower/feed is supporting or telling him but isn't it logical to assume that all the followers he has left are most likely sycophants who never disagree with him & never likely to be blocked?
I personally think he is a flog but as a high profile & "respected" journalist wouldn't it be in his best interest to hear opinions from all sides of the issues not just opinions that agree with him....he does seem out of touch with what the public/viewers are thinking at times!
It's a bit like Kevin Bartlett, he cites his listeners reaction to justify his case on various issues but has a very small listening audience with a very old demographic which wouldn't be reflective of what is actually happening.
Any thoughts?

seems to be a trend at the moment with the journos. rucci in adelaide has blocked several crows supporters in the past few weeks forsimply asking questions of his arguments regarding the eddie betts affair

seems they are all pretty thin skinned

I'm blocked.

His loss.

:)

Seriously though, I agree with the OP's sentiment that the chief footballer writer surrounding himself with yes men isn't good for his longevity.

seems to be a trend at the moment with the journos. rucci in adelaide has blocked several crows supporters in the past few weeks forsimply asking questions of his arguments regarding the eddie betts affair

seems they are all pretty thin skinned

I've noticed a number of jurnos have block me despite not tweeting, but then again its only a small number that have done it.

He blocked me as well, I don't know what for exactly.

I think it may have been for pointing out to an attractive friend on there that he was keen on her (when he responded to some generic non footy related tweet of hers)

He blocked me as well, I don't know what for exactly.

I think it may have been for pointing out to an attractive friend on there that he was keen on her (when he responded to some generic non footy related tweet of hers)

Haha gold... You twitter blocked lil Robbo too...

Only ever been blocked by Purple for asking him how many footys he had actualy signed ?

I gotta admit that boy was fast on the old Block button tho which makes me think he has a shetshutary...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha gold... You twitter blocked lil Robbo too...

Only ever been blocked by Purple for asking him how many footys he had actualy signed ?

I gotta admit that boy was fast on the old Block button tho which makes me think he has a shetshutary...
I'm doing my best to get blocked by Stevo (quote tweeting everything he tweets and bagging him for telling us something we already knew ages ago or just bagging his opinion)
But I think he craves the followers as some kind of justification that he is doing a good job

I'm doing my best to get blocked by Stevo (quote tweeting everything he tweets and bagging him for telling us something we already knew ages ago or just bagging his opinion)
But I think he craves the followers as some kind of justification that he is doing a good job

He follows the fake Stevo account as well

Stevo's alright. He actually seems to be able to handle people disagreeing with him, unlike some of his peers (Barrett)

Been waiting for a thread like this, too worried about the TGO cult to start one myself. They're in the same boat as Scientology followers.

The man is a buffoon, booze swilling, chain smoking, uneducated gitt.
If you're going to call someone uneducated it's best you spell the next word correctly...

Been waiting for a thread like this, too worried about the TGO cult to start one myself. They're in the same boat as Scientology followers.

The way you started, I thought you were going to say some negative things about him.

You either do not understand Scientology, or you don't understand the Cult of Robbo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back