Robert Forster's new book 'Grant and I'

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Read this while on holidays. Really is a fantastic read if you love the Go-Betweens. It's primarily Forster's autobiography but a lot of surrounds his friendship with McLennan right up until the very sad end. I never knew McLennan was in such a bad way up until this death never getting over Amanda Brown walking out on him. Isn't the usual form a band, become massive, get on drugs, get over it story too. It's more about just getting continually dumped by record labels and never quite getting the recognition they deserved.

Well they should of been bigger but s**t happens. Their hardly the only great 80s indie/alternative band that didn't suffer that fate.

The Chameleons were a band who should of got a lot more recognition. Thing is members of these bands can still make a living performing so it can't have been that bad.

Not everyone can become U2.

16 lovers lane is a superb album though. I sort of liken them to an Australian Smiths

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this.

I recently got 4 music bios/autobiographies and they are sitting on the shelf waiting for my Christmas holidays. This was one of them.

Well they should of been bigger but s**t happens. Their hardly the only great 80s indie/alternative band that didn't suffer that fate.

The Chameleons were a Kruger who should of got a lot more recognition. Thing is members of these bands can still make a living performing so it can't have been that bad.

Not everyone can become U2.

16 lovers lane is a superb album though. I sort of liken them to an Australian Smiths

Funnily enough Rough Trade dumped their arse to promote The Smiths. Forster was also given a couple of copies of their first singles to bring back to Australia too and was the first person to bring Smiths releases in to the country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back