Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Played my first game of Hoops! I managed to score 2 and assist 1 in a 4-2 victory for MVP after coming into the game after 40 odd seconds had already elapsed.

I'm saving any more games for when my mate is home from work.

It looks to be only 2 on 2, which is strange because it looks like it would lend itself well to 3 on 3.

Scoring is basically done by hitting the ball towards the ramp. There wasn't a lot of under-ring defending in the game I played. The aerial tip off at the start is an awesome feature as well. It's not as aerial as I imagined. Usually if the ball hits the ring ramp you'll get a shot on target, but the ball doesn't spend all day in the air. Being great at aerials will be more important for defence than attack.

The field also seemed significantly smaller than the soccer based fields

It's not ranked obviously, and I seemed to be comfortably the best player in my game despite being just a prospect elite when I do play ranked.

There is definitely a way to score consistently but most people playing haven't figured it out yet. I think using a car that will chip the ball up in the air is probably important for shots from distance, but other than that you really need to keep the ball on the ground and let the ramps do the work.

The ball doesn't spend as much time in the air as i'd anticipated.

Played 3 games with my mate who doesn't play much, got matched up against people who can't aerial... All 3 games I score 3 goals straight from the tip off and opponents quit :D

In the competitive matchmaking section, what does the Division mean, underneath my rank? Only getting this since the patch on XB1.

In the competitive matchmaking section, what does the Division mean, underneath my rank? Only getting this since the patch on XB1.
Each rank has divisions 1-5 within it. It's an indicator of roughly where you sit within that rank (1 being just got into it, 5 being about to be promoted)

Each rank has divisions 1-5 within it. It's an indicator of roughly where you sit within that rank (1 being just got into it, 5 being about to be promoted)
Time to give up then, been as Challenger 1 for a heap of games, not even close to being promoted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've developed a new appreciation for 1 on 1. Have to use a different strategy to 2 on 2 and I find most people are far too aggressive leaving themselves wide open. Most scores seem to be from your defensive half.

I've developed a new appreciation for 1 on 1. Have to use a different strategy to 2 on 2 and I find most people are far too aggressive leaving themselves wide open. Most scores seem to be from your defensive half.
I got into 1v1 a while back. Took me about 2 and a half minutes to adapt to it, in which time my opponent went 3-0 up. From there I pegged it back to 3-3, and finished a 6-5 loser but confident I had learned how this guy played. We did a rematch and I went 3-0 up after 2 minutes and he quit. I ******* hate when people do that. I mean, we just saw how easy and quick it can be to drag 3 goals back in 1v1.

Yeah quitters are lame. I never accept a forfeit from a teammate either. It seems to be very common in 1v1. I've seen quite a few do it if I score a goal within the first 15 seconds. Still over 4 minutes left guys it's not over yet o_O

I think my proudest moment was staying till the end of a 16-1 thumping in solo when I first started :D Dunno how the hell I scored that one goal.

I quit sometimes. If I'm clearly massively outmatched, it's not really fun for anyone. Plus a 10-2 type result takes forever to get through.

Let's get into a new game where everyone is having fun.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Is it true that you aren't given a loss for quitting?

If that's the case something has to be done about them. I'm sick of joining games where my team is down and trying to help them out, only to have them quit in the last minute or when it's almost impossible to mount a comeback, leaving me to do what I can with the mess they helped create.

Or the other one is the quitting in the final few seconds, which I think, is to avoid being credited with a loss.

The cod community rightly cops a bad wrap, but the quitters of RL are worse.

Is it true that you aren't given a loss for quitting?

If that's the case something has to be done about them. I'm sick of joining games where my team is down and trying to help them out, only to have them quit in the last minute or when it's almost impossible to mount a comeback, leaving me to do what I can with the mess they helped create.

Or the other one is the quitting in the final few seconds, which I think, is to avoid being credited with a loss.

The cod community rightly cops a bad wrap, but the quitters of RL are worse.

Is this in the ranked games? I rarely see anyone quit, as you get banned for 5-10 mins. There'll be plenty of times I see my team mates wanting to forfeit, but I never vote to do so, I'd rather make them play it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back