Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

So for those who aren't entirely useless at aerials, do you use ball cam or not? I use ball cam and wondering if that's why I can't get the hang of it.

I keep alternating between challenger 3 and challenger elite in doubles, so I'm probably not the best one to give advice, but it depends how close I am to the ball. If I'm preparing for an aerial and can see the whole field in front of me, I use the normal camera. If the ball is coming at me and I feel myself nearly going underneath it, that's when I'll use ball cam to line it back up again. It can definitely be disorientating and take a while to get used to.

I reckon while the rankings are sorting themselves out after the reshuffle, you should be able to gain points on a loss if you are absolutely dominant and your team are total garbage

I reckon while the rankings are sorting themselves out after the reshuffle, you should be able to gain points on a loss if you are absolutely dominant and your team are total garbage
And similarly, you should get less points if you get absolutely carried.

Got dragged up 3 divisions last night just from getting gun teammates, now I'm completely out of my depth.

And similarly, you should get less points if you get absolutely carried.

Got dragged up 3 divisions last night just from getting gun teammates, now I'm completely out of my depth.

Is it solely based off winning and losing? Or is it just heavily weighted? The game I got demoted, my team-mates weren't even that bad, it was just a good close game that we were unlucky to lose and I played really well. ******* stupid to get demoted in that situation.

Is it solely based off winning and losing? Or is it just heavily weighted? The game I got demoted, my team-mates weren't even that bad, it was just a good close game that we were unlucky to lose and I played really well. ******* stupid to get demoted in that situation.

Think it's on win loss and rank of your opponents. The guys you played were probably a rung or two below.

Had to jump off last night because my best mate just refuses to even attempt an aerial and I didn't want to be snarky with him - I just wasn't in the mood. He's challenger one, I'm challenger three at the moment so we're not fantastic by any means but when you're reluctant to attack the ball and instead wait for it to come to you, especially in ranked matches, you're essentially one step behind the play all the time. Sitting under the ball, waiting for people to miss it just doesn't cut it. You need to try to make something happen. Anyway, that was my rant that I didn't want to tell him!

Had to jump off last night because my best mate just refuses to even attempt an aerial and I didn't want to be snarky with him - I just wasn't in the mood. He's challenger one, I'm challenger three at the moment so we're not fantastic by any means but when you're reluctant to attack the ball and instead wait for it to come to you, especially in ranked matches, you're essentially one step behind the play all the time. Sitting under the ball, waiting for people to miss it just doesn't cut it. You need to try to make something happen. Anyway, that was my rant that I didn't want to tell him!

Wow, since the reset I haven't got past Prospect 3 and that's an aerial fest. I've no idea how you can get up to Challenger 3 without going for aerials. Unless, as mentioned before, you're piggy backing on good players.

Once you hit challenger you have to at least be able to aerial at the base level. If I have support behind me i'll basically go for it every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I've fluked my way to Challenger 2, and I can't hit an aerial higher than a double jump.

Wow, since the reset I haven't got past Prospect 3 and that's an aerial fest. I've no idea how you can get up to Challenger 3 without going for aerials. Unless, as mentioned before, you're piggy backing on good players.

I got up to challenger three because I also play with randoms and can consistently hit an aerial. It doesn't always go exactly where I want it too though, I'm certainly not fantastic by any means. My mate is challenger one and only plays doubles with me, so I've carried us to a few wins which has improved his rank. We get found out now though. Challenger one and above, if you or your team mate can't aerial you're essentially going to lose every game.

I got up to challenger three because I also play with randoms and can consistently hit an aerial. It doesn't always go exactly where I want it too though, I'm certainly not fantastic by any means. My mate is challenger one and only plays doubles with me, so I've carried us to a few wins which has improved his rank. We get found out now though. Challenger one and above, if you or your team mate can't aerial you're essentially going to lose every game.

I should probably play more doubles, but mainly play standard. Cars flying around everywhere means you gotta be quick to take off if you want to hit the ball!

I got this game two days ago and I just sit under the ball and then jump once the ball drops. How do you perform aerials?

Is it heaps easier to rank up this season or what? I couldn't get past Challenger 2 V in solo last season but have already peaked at Challenger 3 III (I've since fallen back down to Chal 2).

I've also abused the s**t out of "Savage!" this season.

man, I'm playing standard and struggling to get out of prospect, I'm in a form slump!

As someone suggested above, I'm preferring the use of calculated when an arsey shot drops in

Yeah I'm in prospect as well when last season I was in challenger. I started to get very frustrated cause I kept getting paired with people that would leave half way through when the game was tied (or even we were in front) or went MIA for half the bloody game. It has NEVER happened in my favour in the other side. But just then I lost someone when it was 1-0 our way after like 15 seconds and I won 9-1 against two other mofos. It was very satisfying. Replay saved.

man, I'm playing standard and struggling to get out of prospect, I'm in a form slump!

As someone suggested above, I'm preferring the use of calculated when an arsey shot drops in
Yeah dude my wins have slowed down now but I had this massive shoot where I'd get promoted after every win.

Yeah I'm in prospect as well when last season I was in challenger. I started to get very frustrated cause I kept getting paired with people that would leave half way through when the game was tied (or even we were in front) or went MIA for half the bloody game. It has NEVER happened in my favour in the other side. But just then I lost someone when it was 1-0 our way after like 15 seconds and I won 9-1 against two other mofos. It was very satisfying. Replay saved.

Jesus what kind of scrubs were they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back