Roger Federer is not the GOAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Thrawn

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2001
Melbourne, Australia.
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok, I agree. Fed lacks nothing. His DH BH is a thing of beauty, and against the brutal incessant power of that duo, it can go astray. But I love that he has done it all his career
If there's one thing he lacks, it's mental fortitude on key points. Which has got him undone time and time again (especially against Novak). Federer's '19 Wimby IMO is something he will never recover from mentally. It was his for the taking and he crumbled.

Vdubs

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2008
MYOB
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Patriots
If there's one thing he lacks, it's mental fortitude on key points. Which has got him undone time and time again (especially against Novak). Federer's '19 Wimby IMO is something he will never recover from mentally. It was his for the taking and he crumbled.
It was agonising for me to watch that, and I have seen him do that against Nadal as well. Still, I love Federer and he will be my #1 for a little while yet.

greatwhiteshark

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
That some here are trying to put Federer down and in some cases point out he has choked is just mind boggling, he is a superstar and if Nadal or djocovick overtake his record then so be it. All 3 are legends without dispute already. Nothing will change that they are all legends.
Who is the actual best is of course personal opinion, until someone passes Feds grand slam tally then he is number 1, if it’s passed then that player takes the mantle. All superstars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vdubs

Hall of Famer
Jan 1, 2008
MYOB
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Patriots
That some here are trying to put Federer down and in some cases point out he has choked is just mind boggling, he is a superstar and if Nadal or djocovick overtake his record then so be it. All 3 are legends without dispute already. Nothing will change that they are all legends.
Who is the actual best is of course personal opinion, until someone passes Feds grand slam tally then he is number 1, if it’s passed then that player takes the mantle. All superstars.
THAT is 100% correct. We will look back and realise what an era that was.

Top Bottom