News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

“The feedback to Scotty is keep playing well. We are going into some exciting times for both teams." - Brett Montgomery

Sounds like Lycett is in the twos until Ladhams' form drops off. This week will be the test - we should be able to handle North by swapping Ryder into the ruck if Ladhams gets monstered, but if he holds his own...

QONVIyz.gif

Ryder has never played in a winning final. Has only played in 3.

Lycett is a premiership ruckman. He had a very good September last year.

Ladhams if the future. If he plays well in the next 2 games, Lycett + Ladhams for finals.

While I agree that Lycett/Ladhams is the optimum combination, if Ryder continues to contribute in the same effective manner taking marks and drawing the long ball like he has the past fortnight he'll be every chance to retain his spot.

“The feedback to Scotty is keep playing well. We are going into some exciting times for both teams." - Brett Montgomery

Sounds like Lycett is in the twos until Ladhams' form drops off. This week will be the test - we should be able to handle North by swapping Ryder into the ruck if Ladhams gets monstered, but if he holds his own...

QONVIyz.gif

Agree. It's a great problem to have! Remember 3 short years ago when we had no good rucks at all?

I still suspect Lycett is back in by the Elimination Final. We face Goldstein and Sandilands in the next 2 weeks and we're possibly looking at Grundy in the final. Huge tests.

I'm happy with any combo of the 3. I'd love Lycett's finals experience but I wouldn't mind Ladhams getting a finals game under his belt either.

While I agree that Lycett/Ladhams is the optimum combination, if Ryder continues to contribute in the same effective manner taking marks and drawing the long ball like he has the past fortnight he'll be every chance to retain his spot.
Once bitten ......

We played Impey in the 2017 EF, he was bloody hopeless and then pissed off. OK there were personal reasons for going back home after his dad died, but we get no benefit of that experience.

Ryder will probably leave the club. The club would know by now. If he doesn't stay, I want Lycett and Ladhams to get the experience of playing in a Port final, not Paddy.

Was probably 3rd in line in the end, behind Allen and Fogarty. Doesn't detract from what an insanely good game he played, his competitive traits, tapwork and high disposal appetite are so so tantalising.

This could really work.

Ladhams stays in to get some more experience and he is sure earning his spot.

Lycett working hard in the twos, desperate to get back in.

Lycett back in if we play finals, primed and rested and our Premiership ruckman’s experience would be invaluable if he is in form.

cool the jets a little, i like ladhams but who did he play on? Sydney didnt have a ruck, i'd like to see him this week against a half decent ruckman in goldstien to make a better assesment, If he goes ok maybe give Lycett a shot against the bulldogs to claim his stake for the 1st final, competition does crazy things to people
We've seen it and the messiah's seen it. Play him and if or when his form dips then reassess.

Ryder has never played in a winning final. Has only played in 3.

Lycett is a premiership ruckman. He had a very good September last year.

Ladhams if the future. If he plays well in the next 2 games, Lycett + Ladhams for finals.
my preference is Lycett & Ladhams, but i think Ryder has the ability to do something special that might just win us a final. Its a hard one, but if Ladhams is just as good the next 2 weeks you cant really deny him

if we were to play Collingwood in the first final then i want Lycett to go against Grundy because he has the experience, i don think i would trust Ladhams against a good ruckman like him, you only need Ladhams to drop the ball for half a quarter and the game could be out of reach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How hard/easy is it to take a decent camera into Adelaide Oval?

As long as you are not photographing with commercial intent, and the focal length of your lens does not exceed 200mm, you shouldn't have any issues. I hadn't experienced any until last night, when I was lectured on the SANFL's photography policies during a 'random' security check.

Maybe.. he end up better then hayes?

Dunno, but I thought Hayes showed plenty last night too. Our ruck pairing in 2021 could be interesting.

Last edited:
Dunno, but I thought Hayes showed plenty last night too. Our ruck pairing in 2012 could be interesting.

A 14 year old Ladhams and a 13 year old Hayes?

I'm down for that.

Get to see a pairing at a total of 27 years old.