List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He gets more out of a list than than most other folks, plenty of stuff can be said about him, but cruising ain't one of them.
Then why isn't he utilising it? :think:

Why does he continue to pick has beens? He should be able to get the most out of the young players I listed.

Last edited:

There'll be no getting rid of Ross, that's just crazy talk!

He's a good coach, not the best but he's still very good. He's contracted to 2020 and he'll see that out, so strapyourself in for the journey.

We do however need to be planning for after that period because whilst he's very good it's highly doubtful he can take us to a flag.

Last edited:
There'll be no getting rid of Ross, that's just crazy talk!

He's a good coach, not the best but he's still very good. He's contracted to 2020 and he'll see that out, so step yourself in for the journey.

We do however need to be planning for after that period because whilst he's very good it's highly doubtful he can take us to a flag.

Ross has to go. You can't dish this s**t up Rd 1.
Don't think anybody is seriously suggesting that, but it's time to start ramping up the pressure.

Apparently he's as relaxed as he's ever been? It's showing.

Going to be an interesting season for Rossco.

This time last year after the Port mauling he could at least play the youth card in subsequent rounds (which coincidentally saw a huge upturn in our fortunes) and for the rest of the season. Now he's really got nothing to fall back on.

It's very early, but looking at today, the same mistakes which have plagued us in our last two seasons are still as problematic as ever. His team selection was a bit meh, but Sutcliffe, Pearce and Johnson aren't responsible for woeful forward 50 entries, a lack of competition around the stoppages and some awful defending. You start to lose me a bit when our one legitimate marking option is sighted in our defensive 50.

No one should be demanding finals, but some positive signs of improvement after a solid 4 months of pre-season training is all we ask.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely foreseeable that Port were tall yet didn't play Hamling. Taberner as loose man down back at times is embarassing. Only full forward we had and used him as a ruckman part time. Play Darcy and develop him with Sandi. Stupid selection decisions this week

That's what I don't get really. Even if Darcy is woeful as a forward it won't be much worse than playing Kersten.

Last year after 2 losses, Ross was told to play the kids.
My feeling is after today, Ross will be told to play the kids, as in get rid of the deadwood

He has to ask the accountants first

I hate to be reactionary but I don't think I can deal with another season of the rubbish we dished up today. Really think Lyon is limited and there's not much else he can do for us. It's stale now and I think we need a fresh change with a new coach and coaching team. Our team on paper should be a lot better than that.
Yep I agree. I’ve backed him all his way but the team on paper, bar those 4 questionable selections, should have been much more competitive than that. Where’s the heart?

As an aside, how seriously, as an athlete, could you take a guy with a beer gut that has access to the best nutritionists and trainers around?

Lets throw the number two pick under the bus... geez this guy has lot the plot.

Even worse is that we got a pick that is really just a solid player not the guy likely to be a game changer.

Back