Discussion Round 1, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The wolf grey shorts just need some loops on the waist for a belt. If it's good enough for the Yankees...
Jeter1_zpsf5f013jk.jpg

On clashing Shaun Grigg has a handball directly to a Carlton player in the last quarter and gave a bit of a shocked look when said player ran off in the opposite direction.

Now given the game Grigg had I’d say it’s generous to call the handball an error because of a jumper clash but still seems odd Carlton weren’t in the grey given both jumpers are predominantly one very dark color.

On clashing Shaun Grigg has a handball directly to a Carlton player in the last quarter and gave a bit of a shocked look when said player ran off in the opposite direction.

Now given the game Grigg had I’d say it’s generous to call the handball an error because of a jumper clash but still seems odd Carlton weren’t in the grey given both jumpers are predominantly one very dark color.

That happened near us - that was just stupidity

He was surrounded by blues and passed to a blue. Just a brain fart

The wolf grey shorts just need some loops on the waist for a belt. If it's good enough for the Yankees...
Jeter1_zpsf5f013jk.jpg

That works because of their length. Make it shorts and it looks s**t - even with a belt

The umpires need to be sponsored by One of these companies.

Attachments

• 6E4C4E9D-DEA1-4F9B-A5FF-33290D5404C9.png
    6E4C4E9D-DEA1-4F9B-A5FF-33290D5404C9.png
    1 KB · Views: 2
  • F6D298D1-0E04-4157-ABA0-0FED349F3ED7.jpeg
    F6D298D1-0E04-4157-ABA0-0FED349F3ED7.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ADEF7677-71C0-4947-AFC1-464F2820C96F.jpeg
    ADEF7677-71C0-4947-AFC1-464F2820C96F.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 6EF9EF96-1BAE-45DA-8C93-79BB8C8C165A.jpeg
    6EF9EF96-1BAE-45DA-8C93-79BB8C8C165A.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
I think it’s more the fact that “New York” and the side panels are also grey so the top, you know, actually matches the pants.

Fwiw i didnt notice the side panels in that shot. They do help though

Aside from the "Adelaide Crows" and "Geelong Cats", what other clubs keep their mascot name in their team name on channel 7?

Aside from the "Adelaide Crows" and "Geelong Cats", what other clubs keep their mascot name in their team name on channel 7?
Adelaide Crows
Brisbane Lions

Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Fremantle
Geelong Cats
Gold Coast Suns
GWS Giants

Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St. Kilda
Sydney Swans
West Coast Eagles
Western Bulldogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The shorts really arent the worst thing in the world, as people seem to make it out to be. They are bad, but not terrible. And it makes sense. Their clash kit is all grey, Nike wouldnt make white shorts for some games that Carlton play
Simple solution, only wear the silver top with them, problem solved!

Adelaide Crows
Brisbane Lions

Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Fremantle
Geelong Cats
Gold Coast Suns
GWS Giants

Hawthorn
Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St. Kilda
Sydney Swans
West Coast Eagles
Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast with the special privilege of having suns capitalised as well

I reckon the "Hybrid" wordmark looks really neat on the Crows. Really tidy sponsorship.

575767.jpg
It looks really clean but I wonder the effectiveness of just the word without the logo. Hybrid what? He is a hybrid man-machine? :p
For us who know the Crows are supported by Toyota it's ok but at a broader level I'm not so sure. At least with the C-HR one it's not a standard English word appropraited for the name of a car.

Is it just me or are the umpires' numbers significantly lower than last year? Looks like they're almost getting tucked in to their shorts!
I thought it was the same height as last year but they've brought the font in line with the players jumpers. Looks better but should be higher on the shirt.

I note the crow on the shorts is facing east. Good job ISC.

Word up Noctorniquet
When they play WCE/Freo will they have it facing west? :p

I thought it was the same height as last year but they've brought the font in line with the players jumpers. Looks better but should be higher on the shirt.
It's the same height, just looks lower without a sponsor above it. And it can't go higher cos the back is in two panels, there's an old-school Adidas-style arch across the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back