Discussion Round 1, 2018 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does it need so much black space? Just use 4 letter abbreviations, the full team name isn't required.
It would be so they can put ''Port Adelaide'' ''Western Bulldogs'' or ''West Coast Eagles'' but even if its ''Carlton'' and ''Richmond'' we will still make it the same awful length. It goes well with the awful shorts and the awful commentators!!

Can’t get over those grey shorts. They’re so ugly. Imagine having a design that’s just navy blue and a monogram and then adding weird stitching to the shorts and bad patches to the collar.

Fmd.

Richmond’s yellow looks perfect though, the way it hits the shoulder cuff just looks nice?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely Nike are just trillint Carlton at this point

Honestly, I’d rather have BLK as a manufacturer than Nike at this point.

Their colours may have been awful but at least their guernseys were sublamimated, had cuffs and didn’t make their clubs wear grey shorts...

What's so bad about it? It's a good update on what they had last season.

It’s a half arsed attempt at a ‘refresh’ and it’s lazy.

All they’ve done is add a ‘reflective’ look to it (and they’ve done a terrible job of it’ and add the team logos.

Honestly, last years looked so much better in my opinion.

Each to their own though, if you like them you’re entitled to that opinion. From my own point of view it’s pretty poor though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The shorts really arent the worst thing in the world, as people seem to make it out to be. They are bad, but not terrible. And it makes sense. Their clash kit is all grey, Nike wouldnt make white shorts for some games that Carlton play

The cynic in me says it’s more cost cutting and Nike / CFC can’t be arsed or don’t want to spend the money on three pairs of shorts

The shorts really arent the worst thing in the world, as people seem to make it out to be. They are bad, but not terrible. And it makes sense. Their clash kit is all grey, Nike wouldnt make white shorts for some games that Carlton play
Nah it's not the worst thing in the world, but it still doesn't make sense. It'd be like if Essendon had a green clash strip, and then wore those green shorts with their home jumper. If Carlton changed all the white on their jumper to grey, it'd at least make sense then. Wouldn't look good, but it'd make sense.

My crazy crackpot theory is that Nike and Carlton have a trigger clause in their existing contract to extend their partnership beyond 2018, which heavily favours Carlton. Nike are tanking this year so that Carlton cancel the trigger.

The cynic in me says it’s more cost cutting and Nike / CFC can’t be arsed or don’t want to spend the money on three pairs of shorts
Thats sort of what I was getting at in the last sentence. Theres no reason for Nike to make new white shorts. Cost is a good reason not to make them though

It would be so they can put ''Port Adelaide'' ''Western Bulldogs'' or ''West Coast Eagles'' but even if its ''Carlton'' and ''Richmond'' we will still make it the same awful length.
I realise this, I'd rather the box be only 4 characters wide. So it would be RICH and CARL or PORT, WB, WCE. The club logo is next to it, the full club name isn't needed on-screen at all times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back