AFL Autopsy Round 1, 2019: Flogging from GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

The sad and funny bit yesterday was when Keefe was on the exercise bike getting his knee back into condition after it looked like he either snapped it in half or did his acl I was thinking he's going to go out there and earn a bit of respect and do quite well.

I didn't expect he'd monster our backmen and kick 3.2 on one leg. He even out ran them at one stage.

Part of me wants to think this was JLT3 for us.
Too many preseason injuries, players not ready. The JLT's we had we had to limit minutes
Hepp asked for patience. Woosha said we weren't expected win.

The other part of me thinks wtf was the rest of the 22 doing
I can excuse the likes of Merrett, Heppell and Smith being off their usual pace given their preseason.

And if playing them now was better for the rest of the season, so be it.
But outside Stringer, McGrath, Saad and Shiel, everyone else played like they hadn't played a game in over 12 months.

So angry....their lack of effort and system! My anger means nothing to anyone else but if they trot out that shite before a home crowd there will be ugliness!

Remember when we drafted Myers ahead of Dangerfield, Rioli and Rance, jack Steven..... taylor walker and Easton Wood?

He was a consensus top 6 pick, let’s not rewrite history here

All teams round one disposal efficiency is down but as our game style/plan relies on fast ball movement and high disposal efficiency, this I believe was the main reason for the poor result. Adelaide Crows have a similar game style and not surprising they also got beat. Not as bad as ours but they were playing at home. Those teams that have a game plan of scoring from turnovers/stoppages then a low disposal efficiency would suit them. As the year continues and match conditioning improves the disposal efficiency, I am sure Essendon along with Adelaide, will start winning games.
Some point to Neeld leaving Essendon as the reason why we improved in the second half last year, this may still have been the case, but I am sure as we became more match conditioned and our efficiency improved this in turn suited our game which I am sure will be the same this year. Question is can we get enough wins early in the year to get us to the finals.

Why he’s a ******* spud now too
Captained his side to a grand final. David Myers cant open a pack of chips without spilling some, tearing a hamstring or ruining an 8 year olds day.....

But he is a great guy..... the boys love him..... he is a great off field leader......

Mediocrity is stemmed from what we accept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess those half a dozen games were an outlier

anyone got graphs?
Here's two:

1553522044190.png
1553522066351.png

Would you like me to compare it with other forward/rucks in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back