Wednesday, March 16
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs (MCG) (N)

Thursday, March 17
Carlton v Richmond (MCG) (N)

Friday, March 18
St Kilda v Collingwood (MRVL) (N)

Saturday, March 19
Geelong v Essendon (MCG)
Greater Western Sydney v Sydney (AS) (T)
Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide (G) (N)

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn v North Melbourne (MCG)
Adelaide v Fremantle (AO)
West Coast v Gold Coast (OS) (T)

It looks like the New Balance template itself has been tweaked - less of a tank top this season and looks a little bit more like a traditional footy jumper (the shoulders are much slimmer).

A bit more obvious on Brad Crouch given he was wearing a tighter fit.

Friday:
920729 q.jpeg

And the 2021 cut:
885246.jpeg

i reckon the thinking was that if we made another mostly royal blue jumper the AFL would make us wear it for home games.
And yet that was the clubs choice to begin with, because of the shorts situation.

So what do you wear when you play away to Geelong this season?

How come Geelong have non afl numbers?

Why was the center circle left blank with just the white coles text in it and no red paint at the gabba on Saturday night?
Gabba are very weird about the cricket pitch

They rate that higher than the AFL so it'll be about too much paint killing the grass - they have been a pain about things like that before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

920729 q.jpeg
I thought I noticed that as well, love the wider middle portion, looks so much better than last years cut.

My only gripe with the Nike cut is the way the stripe stops well below the shoulder. We had this same problem with Star Athletic and ISC (bar 2018-19, they looked really clean those years).

It's such a small difference but really goes a long way. Looks so much stronger. And honestly as much as I love the pinstripes, I think it's time we returned back to the normal clash jumper for a few years just as a breath of fresh air.

1647908479736.png 1647908492735.png 1647908552139.png

My only gripe with the Nike cut is the way the stripe stops well below the shoulder. We had this same problem with Star Athletic and ISC (bar 2018-19, they looked really clean those years).

It's such a small difference but really goes a long way. Looks so much stronger. And honestly as much as I love the pinstripes, I think it's time we returned back to the normal clash jumper for a few years just as a breath of fresh air.

View attachment 1351241View attachment 1351242View attachment 1351245
I wonder if this is to make sure it is still a majority white jumper from the front now that the collar and cuffs are black? that the version on the right looks like a dark jumper with white shorts to me.

And yet that was the clubs choice to begin with, because of the shorts situation.

So what do you wear when you play away to Geelong this season?
the all white vs. geelong in navy shorts works fine. many times we've worn the bounding roo against them which has a similar colour balance to the new clash jumper. honestly, i think we could just wear the home with white shorts and it wouldn't be too much of an issue. royal blue doesn't look as much like navy as people think it does, people just think Collingwood Vs. Geelong is an annoying matchup so the same would automatically apply to North. Especially now that we wear royal numbers there's less room for confusion.

the all white vs. geelong in navy shorts works fine. many times we've worn the bounding roo against them which has a similar colour balance to the new clash jumper. honestly, i think we could just wear the home with white shorts and it wouldn't be too much of an issue. royal blue doesn't look as much like navy as people think it does, people just think Collingwood Vs. Geelong is an annoying matchup so the same would automatically apply to North. Especially now that we wear royal numbers there's less room for confusion.
Way too much blue and white stripes/hoops going on. There needs to be a clear contrast.

I know you and I and most people on this forum would know the difference, but to others, it would look like a clusterf***

do you reckon we have special eyes or something? if it looks fine to us why wouldn't it look fine to others?

here's a random snippet of the matchup i'm describing from history. and here's what i'm taking from it, looking at things like wide shots of marking contests and also bits of general play where both teams' players are running all around each other (i.e. the part of watching footy where clash jumpers actually matter):
1. the hoops and stripes look very different immediately. North's 3 stripes on either side look more like solid, recognisable blocks of colour while Geelong's hoops have a kind of intricacy to them because there's so many
2. the white shorts actually do make a big difference, they make north's strip look far whiter and geelong's far darker
3. the better quality of TV cameras would make it even easier to tell the difference in modern day, not just because of higher resolution but also colour saturation makes the two blues look as distinct as they do in real life
4. North wear blue numbers now which would make the strips look more distinct from behind

i feel like we're overthinking this. if royal blue and navy blue had two completely different names, would we even think of them as the same colour? they look very different to me. granted, i'm one of the roughly 9/10 men who aren't colourblind which is a privilege i must acknowledge.

I wonder if this is to make sure it is still a majority white jumper from the front now that the collar and cuffs are black? that the version on the right looks like a dark jumper with white shorts to me.
That could be one reason, although I think that's just a product of how the Nike guernseys are cut. I believe the Carlton ones had a similar situation with the shoulders but it wasn't much of an issue for them.

The 2018-19 guernseys is probably a better indication of what I'd like them to look like. I didn't think it was too much of an issue those years but I agree it could possibly make it a bit more clashy from the front.
1647927553746.png 1647927574373.png

Brisbane's colours look great. Might be the lighting but compared to one of the kid's 2000s guernsey in the crowd, it looked pretty similar.
I have to disagree with you on that one. The yellow is so washed out, it's almost like a pastel lemon colour. Again, there's something Best & Less about the Lion's kit. The jersey looks so creased and thin, and the stitching looks so cheap. There's also something odd about the back of the jersey, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Last edited:
It looks like the New Balance template itself has been tweaked - less of a tank top this season and looks a little bit more like a traditional footy jumper (the shoulders are much slimmer).

A bit more obvious on Brad Crouch given he was wearing a tighter fit.

Friday:
View attachment 1350872

And the 2021 cut:
View attachment 1350875
The 2021 cut looks a lot nicer in my opinion.
As for the white panel, I like that it's more even but I also like that the 21 version had the sponsor completely on the black panel. It's a bit of a hard balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back