Game Day Round 1, 2024 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have some trepidation about today's game, Dockers will come out all fired up for their first game.

If we were stung to the core by last weeks stunning collapse we should dispose of the Dockers comfortably, wouldn't it be fantastic to see a 4 quarter high octane display.

1710625743512.png

I just can't help but think we are going to take a few weeks to get going this season with all the disruption and we'll go down today.

Went and had a stroll around Optus last night so we knew where we were going today.
View attachment 1930343
Not the best of photos but it certainly is an impressive stadium.
The surrounds are beautiful. Stayed at Crown Towers last year and went to a non-Lions game. The Camfield is a large hotel outside the ground worth checking out on a beautiful day before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't help but think we are going to take a few weeks to get going this season with all the disruption and we'll go down today.
Could do, we have to remember we had an incredibly short off season, which is normal for a Grand Finalist but then you throw in the early start to the season on top of that, IIRC we only got in 2-3 weeks of training before the Christmas break.

Collingwood certainly look underdone.

Could do, we have to remember we had an incredibly short off season, which is normal for a Grand Finalist but then you throw in the early start to the season on top of that, IIRC we only got in 2-3 weeks of training before the Christmas break.

Collingwood certainly look underdone.
40-60% of the Carlton game we looked fantastic, especially in that first quarter. Arguably the best footy I've seen a team play. Regardless of that 3rd quarter I think we'll be alright. The fact that we've already played a proper game this season and Freo haven't should be a significant advantage for us. For us it's going to come down to mindset.

The surrounds are beautiful. Stayed at Crown Towers last year and went to a non-Lions game. The Camfield is a large hotel outside the ground worth checking out on a beautiful day before the game.
We had a look there for dinner but apparently it was too loud there, for Mum!
So we ended up walking around for ages to find somewhere.
So Mum is very sore today😬
But she is a trooper so will battle through

We should get the points this week without Neale.
The Dockers had a few good away wins against the Swans & Demons.
Home wins against sold team in Geelong ?. Also beat them at GMBHA.
But a home loss to North in R 2.
Beat WCE twice at home & also Hawks at home in R 8.
Their best win at home was either the Cats or Bombers.
Sub-par season with mediocre results.

However, this is their round 1.
It is a new season with ambitions so it will be hard early for the Lions.
We need to hang in their early and get the upper hand as the game goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back