Game Day Round 1, 2024 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be open to seeing Answerth in there. Trained and played well there in the reserves.

Rayner got told to stick to the outside by Dunkley(I think) before at one of the last ruck contests. Got to let someone like Rayner play on instinct.
Fan of what Answerth could bring to the midfield. I think his appetite of contest, hardness and athleticism would be a point of difference. Skills don’t need to be amazing… look at Lyons.

The really concerning thing for me is that when we have someone by the throat we clam up and slow the game down and wax it off our forward half for 15 minutes for no scoreboard pressure.

These tactics have stunk it up for so long now I'm wondering whether we 're not fit enough or whatever to keep it going.
If you’re the fittest team you go for home and just try and hang on knowing that the energy spent by the opportunity to try and catch you will probably cook them - if you sit and wait you give them momentum and it’s not like you can just flick a switch and turn everything back on to where you were. I umpire at community level and I see lower clubs try and play tempo footy and then stuff it up in their back half and give away easy goals - play the game down their end and maintain the pressure. We are way overrated.

The problem with Lachie Neale giving us a serve in the media is that he isn't out there. If you want to give your team a serve in the media, you have to back it up. Take a swing then take a week off and it isn't brave, it's hit and run.

If this continues a down year may end up being a blessing in disguise. Keeping up the intensity year after year has ground the boys down I feel. An off year and come back refreshed in '25
Yeah we've got a premiership hangover but no premiership.

We can't be gassed after the effort in that quarter.

Plenty of time to turn it around if we're good enough.

We absolutely slowed the ball down and tried to play more possession footy and invited pressure and then yes the fumbles began

Maybe, I do wonder whether freo just rolled a spare behind the ball and made quick ball movement very tough. I want us to keep the tempo up, but going fast and bombing to the spare is bad footy too.

Impossible to know without behind the grounds vision, will have to see what kingy tells me during the week.

The problem with Lachie Neale giving us a serve in the media is that he isn't out there. If you want to give your team a serve in the media, you have to back it up. Take a swing then take a week off and it isn't brave, it's hit and run.
He is injured, not on holiday.

Not the Coach. Totally on the players.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Anything less than a grand final this year, and Fages is gone IMO. Because it will show...

- Fages has taken us as far as he can, and it's time to move on.

- Or the list isn't good enough, and Fages clearly isn't going to be the guy to stick around for a mini or full rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The board and I guess fan base wide love of dev, Rayner, Berry, Hipwood etc really is bizarre. They are poor players in a team that’s getting beat. Even when we are dominating they have a higher chance of being okay than amazing. No intently outside of consistently missing.

People love Berry?

Weirdly I'm not even stressed, just sad.

Feels like a end, and it's way too early in the season to make that call.

I think starting next year with two Ashcrofts, a Doedee and a Coleman is essentially a mini-rebuild on what we have here. I think we can go again next year, but this year has a smell about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back