Autopsy Round 1, 2024: Hawks fail against Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad day at the office.
We were out hustled and our skill level was down.
Some experienced player were down on form and some new players looked like a deer in the headlights.
One down and plenty to go.

Keep those rose coloured glasses on 👍 just rule out people that have been there and done it, when it suits you and your narrative. Have a look at the bulldogs forwards right now and see how hard they work and attack the contest in the air…q the bullshit excuses….
Naughton - 6 Disposals 1 Mark 0 Tackles 4 Score Involvements 1 Goal
Lobb - 7 Disposals 1 Mark 0 Tackles 2 Score Involvements 1 goal
Chol - 9 Disposals 5 Mark 1 Tackles 6 Score Involvements 2 goal
Lewis - 10 Disposals 8 Mark 0 Tackles 7 Score Involvements 1 goal

Bulldog forwards were so much influential and attacking right?

Christ almighty there are a few over-reactions going on in here.

I’m only just reading this thread now and you’d think we’d just been beaten by 10 goals by Essendon again like rd 1 last year.

Anyone with any sense knows we should have won that game. We kicked at 39% accuracy for goal and Essendon kicked at 77%. Replay that game 10 times and we win 9 of them.

On top of that, Sicily had his worst game in years, Newcombe was shocking and the midfield got smacked, Lewis was ineffectual and Will Day was out. If we said those things were going to occur in any game last year I can guarantee you we lose by 60+ points. The fact that we should’ve won this game and had 28 shots on goal is a massive step forward.

We had some really exciting passages of play yesterday and had real ascendancy for a few quarters. Enormous room for improvement. Bring on next round.

Are you saying showing leadership is not contesting and then getting pushed over?

You have point on points 3 onwards

Ps I can do my own searches thanks
I’m saying showing leadership is NOT giving 2 goals away, one of which ( McGrath ) was self inflicted. No excuse.

I’m also saying as he is “James Sicily” he will be marked by the umps and he will get pinged for every soft free they can find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone hear the bronx cheers when Harry Jones took a mark in the third quarter? They've always been brutal to their own players
Yeah noticed that. He’s not very good, but I was expecting him to kick 4 against us. 😂

I’m saying showing leadership is NOT giving 2 goals away, one of which ( McGrath ) was self inflicted. No excuse.

I’m also saying as he is “James Sicily” he will be marked by the umps and he will get pinged for every soft free they can find.
Add in now Sicily getting suspended for that self inflicted gift.

******* ridiculous.

Naughton - 6 Disposals 1 Mark 0 Tackles 4 Score Involvements 1 Goal
Lobb - 7 Disposals 1 Mark 0 Tackles 2 Score Involvements 1 goal
Chol - 9 Disposals 5 Mark 1 Tackles 6 Score Involvements 2 goal
Lewis - 10 Disposals 8 Mark 0 Tackles 7 Score Involvements 1 goal

Bulldog forwards were so much influential and attacking right?
JUH stood out like a sore thumb compared to those other two.

Think he had 14 disposals 6 marks 1 tackle 7 score involvements 2 goals 3

If Sicily really DID kick someone, do you think they'd only give him 1 match? He got 3 matches last year for applying what umpires deemed a legal tackle.
I just watched the footage and slowed it down.

Unfortunately he kicked at and made contact with McGrath as he was coming down to the ground.

Not forceful and almost a natural extension of moving forward, but a kick which contacted a player all the same.

A week is the correct penalty.

I just watched the footage and slowed it down.

Unfortunately he kicked at and made contact with McGrath as he was coming down to the ground.

Not forceful and almost a natural extension of moving forward, but a kick which contacted a player all the same.

A week is the correct penalty.
Nah, it really isn't.

Not even a chance of injuring someone - which is really why we suspend people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back