Game Day Round 1 Geelong v Adelaide Sat Mar 20 4:35 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well we know Scott has his favourites, time to see if he can take that bias out of his coaching. O'connor and Zuthrie are empty shells, not much more to be said, they shouldnt be getting games for us if we are serious about a flag. Not sure how you can leave Henry out when you're playing one of those two. Evans comes in for Miers next week. Probably time to play Narkle as well. Gotta question Kolo at this point, with Taylor going it means more responsibility for him and he might not be up to it, at least not if he is being played as a lockdown defender.

We are also easy to play against, pressure the ball carrier and take away the space and we can be beaten by anyone. It's the way Richmond play us and every other team has learnt to copy them.

....Oh this isnt the post match thread? sh*t sorry.
Evans in for Dahlhaus, who I think we need to put out a missing persons for.

I’m glad you’re singling out one kid out of the whole team

like I said this board loves laying into the whipping Boys, he’s hardly ever in the side but hey he’s the sole reasons we are done by six goals right?

that’s right focus your rage on a player thats hardly in the side ...it really shows you know what you’re talking about
Of course he's not the sole reason, that's a straw-man argument, but it doesn't explain what he's doing in the senior side of a team that's trying to go one better and win a GF this year. And still no one seems to be able to say what it is he excels at, despite being on our list for half a decade. :roflv1:

Is there one discernible improvement on our skills from last year, and / or our game plan?
no.. you could see it in the preseason

The slow game works when its 100% on point.

If it drops to 95%.... the lower skills and fumbles become an issue and the pressure from the oppo speed makes us fumbly and insecure.

then we get hosed with the ball and its either kicks under pressure or passing it off to a team mate and moving the problem down the line.

And we are seeing it further today.

Fixes - get fitter and run better and get better with skills.

GO Catters

But, but..but....Kolo still is best 22. :D:D:D
It’s not his fault. just leave him alone all of you. His man has kicked 8 goals in the last 6 qtrs of football. That’s the teams fault for not stopping the ball getting down there.

For example it’s not kolo fault that his 30 year old opponent was 10 metres clear of him in open space. Not his fault.

gero help me out? This kolo bashing is ridiculous.

free kolo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is only Round 1, but this has been pathetic.

Will be interesting to see how they come out after half time, if we can get back to say 20 pts loss I will just put it down to a Round 1 aberration. If the margin blows out further then it shows that there are serious problems (players no longer listening to the coach?).

Of course he's not the sole reason, that's a straw-man argument, but it doesn't explain what he's doing in the senior side of a team that's trying to go one better and win a GF this year. And still no one seems to be able to say what it is he excels at, despite being on our list for half a decade. :roflv1:
I just don’t know why the obsession is there fir Zuthrie considering the perfomance of the rest of the team , I’d rather focus my ire on the senior players rather than focussing on a back up player.

but whatever floats your boat

It’s not his fault. just leave him alone all of you. His man has kicked 8 goals in the last 6 qtrs of football. That’s the teams fault for not stopping the ball getting down there.

For example it’s not kolo fault that his 30 year old opponent was 10 metres clear of him in open space. Not his fault.

gero help me out? This kolo bashing is ridiculous.

free kolo!
When you can't kick like Kolo you have to at least be able to defend. Now he can't kick and can't defend, time for a spell.

Honestly can someone give me a website I can view or a phone number I can visit as I get so depressed about Geelong when we loose...

It is only Round 1, but this has been pathetic.

Will be interesting to see how they come out after half time, if we can get back to say 20 pts loss I will just put it down to a Round 1 aberration. If the margin blows out further then it shows that there are serious problems (players no longer listening to the coach?).
If we get done I would seriously play the kids, at least they will be fit and will have a crack

I said it last year the senior players are done

I just don’t know why the obsession is there fir Zuthrie considering the perfomance of the rest of the team , I’d rather focus my ire on the senior players rather than focussing on a back up player.

but whatever floats your boat
It feels like one of the few positions on the team for young developing players is going to a coaches favourite that just offers absolutely nothing. The Zuthrie determination is one of the stranger things I've seen from the club in the recent times. It's Josh Cowan-faith levels of weird.

So Your off to a family dinner and daz is off to bed.

mod free second half.

;-)
i have snipers and algorithms just for such an occasion. Try them out.. Let me know how it goes.

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back