Preview Round 1 vs the Eagles 22nd March 4:40 AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, with training being locked out, there isn't too many way to prove or disprove whether there was more to it or not. Tho from the training gallery from March 14, he's in full stride going to take a mark, with no strapping on his knee. So that, along with him being named in the team, would suggest it's bs.
Yeah all good then I reckon brother. Up the dees! Gawn to piggy clinic!

Last five matches between the teams in perth:

R9, 2019, West Coast 13.7 (85) d Melbourne 9.15 (69) at Optus Stadium. Melb lead at QTR, half and 3 QTR time.

Prelim, 2018, West Coast 17.13 (115) d Melbourne 7.12 (54) at Optus stadium. The outlier, never happened.

R22, 2018, Melbourne 16.12 (108) d West Coast Eagles 14.7 (91) at Optus Stadium. Eagles injury depleted.

R14, 2017, Melbourne 15.9 (99) d West Coast Eagles 14.12 (96) at Subiaco Oval

R18, 2016, West Coast Eagles 10.6 (66) d Melbourne 8.12 (60) at Subiaco Oval. Melb lead at QTR, half and 3 QTR time

R9, 2019, West Coast 13.7 (85) d Melbourne 9.15 (69) at Optus Stadium. Melb lead at QTR, half and 3 QTR time.

Prelim, 2018, West Coast 17.13 (115) d Melbourne 7.12 (54) at Optus stadium. The outlier, never happened.

R22, 2018, Melbourne 16.12 (108) d West Coast Eagles 14.7 (91) at Optus Stadium. Eagles injury depleted.

R18, 2016, West Coast Eagles 10.6 (66) d Melbourne 8.12 (60) at Subiaco Oval. Melb lead at QTR, half and 3 QTR time
We really do trouble them don't we.

Some truly frustrating losses in there, 2016 comes to mind, but those two wins were fantastic, the TMAC goal to win in 2017, and of course that win to secure a finals place in 2018.

Hoping we can give WC another crack tomorrow.

Last edited:
Many reasons to hate the coro

Some truly frustrating losses in there, 2016 comes to mind, but those two wins were fantastic, the TMAC goal to win in 2017, and of course that win to secure a finals place in 2018.

Hoping we can give WC another crack tomorrow.

RE 2016 I think we just lead most of the day, lost the game late by a goal.

I remember glen luff said based on stats if you player that game 100 times win 96 times

I genuinely reckon we ‘outplayed’ them in four of these games. Of course the one where they outplayed us was so traumatic it outweighs not only those four games but every other good performance we’ve put in since 2006.

Need to win tomorrow. Close enough won’t be good enough this time.

I'm sort of excited that we're playing tomorrow all of a sudden.
It will be massive Headless. I feel something huge approaching, like Melksham kicks 8 before falling to the ground writhing and frothing from acute coronavirus causing panic across Western Australia and shutting down the AFL permanently.

Hey American AFL, it looks like the US Fox Sports 1 has picked up a few extra games due your major sports all being suspended. Good times.
View attachment 843383

This is an ex NFL player and a current media personality in the states. He has 1.7 million followers on twitter:

This is an ex NFL player and a current media personality in the states. He has 1.7 million followers on twitter:

Yup, legit if the AFL can manage to play for a month or so they might finally crack the American market because they legit have centre stage with absoloutely no competition.

Yup, legit if the AFL can manage to play for a month or so they might finally crack the American market because they legit have centre stage with absoloutely no competition.

US should throw a shitload of money at AFL to have them play a game that starts at 7:30pm each Friday and Saturday night on the East Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

US should throw a shitload of money at AFL to have them play a game that starts at 7:30pm each Friday and Saturday night on the East Coast.
Honestly In this current climate it might happen, the reason AFL games start in the afternoon is so that all the country and city competitions have clear air in the morning but with all of them suspended yeah would be a great marketing opportunity.

If the AFL can market this right and get a month of completion they might be able to get a million Americans watching casually

Love his summary.
"6 points the big sticks, 1 point the little sticks, and there's a bunch of s**t going on in-between... it's awesome"

Love his summary.
"6 points the big sticks, 1 point the little sticks, and there's a bunch of s**t going on in-between... it's awesome"

I haven’t actually watched it yet. I muted all my AFL related twitter follows so that I wouldn’t have results ruined.

Honestly In this current climate it might happen, the reason AFL games start in the afternoon is so that all the country and city competitions have clear air in the morning but with all of them suspended yeah would be a great marketing opportunity.

If the AFL can market this right and get a month of completion they might be able to get a million Americans watching casually

If it doesn’t get explored Fox is missing a real opportunity.

You're so far ahead of the curve.

Have you offered your services as special comments?

Haha. I have my old man DVRing the Hawks/Lions game. Hopefully the game isn’t shitty. Really a shame Fox isn’t showing the Demons.

Haha. I have my old man DVRing the Hawks/Lions game. Hopefully the game isn’t shitty. Really a shame Fox isn’t showing the Demons.
Dude get him to download the watch AFL app. Multiple people can use it at the sametime

Dude get him to download the watch AFL app. Multiple people can use it at the sametime

He wouldn’t watch on a device. Hopefully he has some interest in this hawthorn/Brisbane game. I’ll get him set up with a Chromecast and WatchAFL if he likes it.

A shame because if not for this corona bullshit I would just go over in the morning and watch the Demons game with him, but he’s getting up there in age and I’m working with infected people a bunch of the day. Would hate to infect him over footy lmao

Have to admit Pat is doing a much better job of selling the sport than I have the last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back