Discussion Round 10, 2017 (Indigenous Round): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pleasantly surprised by how red Essendon's indigenous Guernsey looks
(The contrast is much better than I thought it would be ! Though I would've preferred seeing Essendon in red shorts ).
Love the designs

Surprised the umpires don't have anything special
They did a few years ago, but I'm not sure why it didn't continue.
Somewhat related - what are people's thoughts of using Aboriginal and TSI flags as goal/behind flags? I'm not sure that's an appropriate use of a national flag (would we do it with the Aus flag if we had a game on 26 Jan?)

Our SANFL team have run out in the same design against North Adelaide today.
59db1f72f7caa8db1eab182124e0b5b8.jpg

Edit: North are wearing this.
20af68b60521e91b03627b02f59010b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
SANFL Indigenous Round this weekend too. Usually it's not the same weekend as the AFL but with the referendum anniversary it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are three places a set of hands shouldn't be printed on a jumper. That is one of them
Plenty of South supporters today shouting "In The Back" at every opportunity I reckon.
I'm too pure of mind & heart to contemplate the other 2 locations akkaps;)

Have the AFL ever used different flags on Anzac Day?
Nope, I think that would be considered inappropriate and disrespectful - "diggers fought under that flag and you're trivializing it for playing footy" kind of thing.
They didn't use Aus and China flags in Shanghai either, to recognise the significance of that occasion.

Should a jumper of that basic design become the home kit next year, I wonder what teams will be required to wear clash against it?
Eg Port black jumper/white shorts or white/white? Geelong white/white or clash(navy)?

But yes it looks amazing!

Are any other grammar sticklers annoyed by the Celebrating 67 text on the ground? We're not remembering a random numeral, it should either be Celebrating '67 or Celebrating 1967.

Oh and it's in Impact for some weird reason.
It's in the same font as "afl.com.au" was, and "LEST WE FORGET". I think it's the standard "writing under the logo" font. But agree on the '67. 67 what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back