Autopsy Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Gresh, Dunstan and Kent our best imo, followed closely by SPS and Silvagni - they were instrumental in our win šŸ˜
Dmac played well except for that brain fade that led to a Kreuzer goal.
Parker should have had 5 but he wasnā€™t alone in poor conversion, we really should have won by 8-10 goals.
Young was unsighted bar one or 2 touches and probably needs to be dropped. Acres came good as the game went on as did Billings.
Steele also one of our best (sorry mate!)
And If I hear one more news report about B Scott being linked to the saints Iā€™ll spew.

It went pretty much as expected for mine. We're not a good team, and we didn't play good football. Nice to get a win though. Better than last year and not even halfway through the season. I wouldn't be getting too excited about the draw though...there are no easy games, especially the way we play. I think the last half of the year is not going to be as exuberant as the beginning.
A win is a win. But this team can be improved by so much itā€™s not funny, but probably not under this coach.. not much has changed in his 5.5 years.. weā€™re still a poor skilled team with questionable decision making and composure..

Get a good coach in at the end of the year, recruit a couple of experienced good mids and see us improve out of sight.. Go saints.

I reckon Dunstan has been excellent since coming back in, he's probably our best clearance player with Stuv out.

Steele > Cripps confirmed.

Loved Parker slapping the neck tatts then slotting a crucial goal.

Marsh and Phillips not good enough imo, too prone to errors and don't have a point of difference. Young was invisible but he stays in because he was good last week.

Actually thought Long looked pretty good when he had a run through the middle, didn't offer much up forward tho.
disagree. Thought Marsh had a good game.
Have to drop Young after that, 4 disposals and ZERO tackles, absolutely pathetic effort and shouldn't be rewarded with another game.

Gresh was great, and as he said after the game, first year he's had a pre-season! He's gonna bloom over the next few years.

I actually liked the work of a lot of our players today even though it was a scrappy game and we almost lost to bloody carlton..

Would have preferred Battle forward over Robbie young though, Casboult had Bruce's number, we needed another option, but at the same time he's a general down back.. Hopefully King will solve this problem for us by the end of the year.

Steele was massive

We obviously need to keep Dunstan in the two's until we have a must win game, then bring him in. Always lifts after getting dropped then plateaus..

Phillips for Clark
Someone for Young, though it probably won't be like for like, gonna have to shuffle some players round

disagree. Thought Marsh had a good game.
Have to drop Young after that, 4 disposals and ZERO tackles, absolutely pathetic effort and shouldn't be rewarded with another game.
Don't think Marsh is good enough in the air and some of his decision making just bombing the footy is atrocious, would much rather someone like White in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Marsh is good enough in the air and some of his decision making just bombing the footy is atrocious, would much rather someone like White in the team.
Marsh looked a long way off today. Curnow well and truly had the better of him in the first half and then when Marsh started finding the footy in the second half he was poor with ball in hand.

I think he has plenty of upside so hopefully just getting the pace of the game.

Compare them to shuey and gaff not even in the ballpark. There gops thats lets not overate these guys. If you do your living in reality
You're comparing two proven A Grades or elite with players who have been bit hot and cold, and their potential is bit unknown

Despite the win that felt like a loss. Just a poxy game
That was Carltons for the taking.
Finals are still a fantasy while that level of skill is put on display.

The game should have been over at half time. The kicking at goal is a disgrace. Also injuries are killing us. players out there who aren't up to it. Young for example. Brown, Marsh. Luckily our backline systems are as good as any in the AFL. Our forward System is maybe close to Carlton as the worst in the AFL. And the mids are bloody slow without Jack. Unlike you though its a bloody good win for me. Never seen a bad win.

You're comparing two proven A Grades or elite with players who have been bit hot and cold, and their potential is bit unknown
How many years on the list now. Lets just keep overating guys who will never be elite. I punt with my eyes and we dont have one elite player on our list. But hey we beat fitzroy lets celebrate.

Gee Dunstan has been bloody good the past few weeks. He only played 85 mins & there was only 5 players across both teams that played less time than him. But still had 8 clearances (equal most on ground with Cripps) & 14 contested possessions (second only to Cripps). To go with that he had 20 disposals & a snag. Just imagine if he was playing as much as a few of the other mids, heā€™d just about be our best midfielder.

Gee Dunstan has been bloody good the past few weeks. He only played 85 mins & there was only 5 players across both teams that played less time than him. But still had 8 clearances (equal most on ground with Cripps) & 14 contested possessions (second only to Cripps). To go with that he had 20 disposals & a snag. Just imagine if he was playing as much as a few of the other kids, heā€™d just about be our best midfielder.

Im guessing there are two reasons he plays less than most. Cant play anywhere else and plays best in short bursts. I never go by game time because it doesn't suit players to play more. Still bloody slow and an ordinary kick but he is the best option we have at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back