Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Caminiti and Jones
Out: Hayes and Paton

Sub: Jones

I think selections will be limited for this game, with Dow, Clark and Pou needing a stronger case at VFL level to get back in. Sharman not far off.

Hopefully Chito and Nas can get a decent run through the middle.
Caminiti should never have been dropped.

So many on here sounding so expectantly angry at the prospect of losing this game. Didn't y'all want that draft pick?

What I would like to see is a more free flowing attacking game. One that includes skills appropriate for AFL not AusKick.
I don't see us winning enough from here to make finals.
Why would I want to sit in no man's land of between 9-12.
If I'm missing finals I want a pick in the Top 10. We haven't had that since Coff and Clark.

What I would like to see is a more free flowing attacking game. One that includes skills appropriate for AFL not AusKick.
I don't see us winning enough from here to make finals.
Why would I want to sit in no man's land of between 9-12.
If I'm missing finals I want a pick in the Top 10. We haven't had that since Coff and Clark.

Firstly, King pick 4 and NWM pick 10, both since Coff and Clark.

And when you develop talent as poorly as we do historically, pick 1 is no man's land.

I've said it many times - if we start tanking and you were one who was advocating it, you'd better as heck make sure you are putting your backside in a seat at Marvel for all those losses you wanted.

And when you develop talent as poorly as we do historically, pick 1 is no man's land.

I've said it many times - if we start tanking and you were one who was advocating it, you'd better as heck make sure you are putting your backside in a seat at Marvel for all those losses you wanted.

My apologies for missing those two.

I'm not saying take all senior blokes out. But give this year the chance to try some new things. See if King can play elsewhere.

I've got my membership. One were I don't have the luxury of actually getting to games. Don't live in Melbourne. But when I was living in Melbourne I went to every game even when I knew we were losing.
No one is going to our games at the moment. We are boring as bat shit.

My apologies for missing those two.

I'm not saying take all senior blokes out. But give this year the chance to try some new things. See if King can play elsewhere.

I've got my membership. One were I don't have the luxury of actually getting to games. Don't live in Melbourne. But when I was living in Melbourne I went to every game even when I knew we were losing.
No one is going to our games at the moment. We are boring as bat s**t.

I go. I don't live in Melbourne.

Boring or uncompetitive - pick your poison

Rtb copping a bit of blowtorch this week. Good.
Shit rolls downhill.
Needs to call an early toolbox 🧰 meeting with the assistants this week and start sorting shit out.
Lethargic starts, lazy field play and working on some basic skills might help.
Forget complicated equations like micro game plans until we can sort that out.
I’m not blaming the players.

We don’t need to tank. We are the fourth worst side in the comp. Will struggle to win 5 more games.

We don’t need to tank. We are the fourth worst side in the comp. Will struggle to win 5 more games.
Well that should ensure pick 78 by the time all the Father/Son, QLD & NSW Academy and Make North Great Again handouts are factored in.

Hold me back :rolleyes:

I think 4 more wins will see us out , Suns, West Coast at Home, Tigers and maybe Cats

Will lose.
Wont kick ten goals.
Forward six are just plain diabolical.
Mids bombing ala Cho/Ratts era.
Groundhog day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being in this horrible position after nine rounds of footy is hard to swallow, especially after the positivity surround the off-season. However, I think most fans should have expected us to slide compared to last season.

Regardless of individual expectations, losing games and playing uninspiring, negative football (even in wins) will make all of us question our overall direction - we have been told so many times that we are on track and that success will come.

Based on the sample size of this year, it is going to be hard to convince even the most diehard of fans that we can turn this ship around in the remaining games in 2024. To be honest, the remainder of this season may be a trainwreck and see us win a handful more games. I, like many, am expecting us to finish bottom four based on the season so far... and I can stomach that if I know that we have a clear strategy to contend in the near future.

Maybe it's me wanting to be an optimist, but I hope that 'if' we finish in the bottom four, that we can use it as an opportunity to do what Melbourne did a couple of years ago - play finals, finish bottom two, use your top picks well and get back to playing good football. Is that realistic? Probably not. We don't have the Petraccas etc, but we do need to be bold and target problem positions. That same Melbourne team gave up a lot to get May and Lever. For us, we simply most bolster our midfield. Without a competitive midfield we are never going anywhere - a poor midfield can make both ends look bad. We can't play high pressure, quick football with midfielders who have the handbrake on when they run. There are plenty of problems to fix, but investing in the midfield is a great start. We just need to hope we have the team behind the scenes that can draft and recruit at the level needed to close the gap at the top of the ladder - it wont have overnight.

Enough of the 'what ifs'. Right now, I want to reach out to the many that invest their time, money and emotions into the club, and league in general. I am horrible for it, but I am moving heaven and earth to stop the club having a stranglehold on how I feel on the weekend. We've all been there. Lose a game on the Saturday and the rest of your weekend is ruined. I have realised that even at 26, this type of investment isn't great for my mental health and makes me less likely to do other social activities with friends and family. I know it would be different if we all supported a club like Collingwood etc that are almost guaranteed to contend every couple of years, but that isn't the case. Regardless of what happens, remember it is a game at the end of the day and it's not worth going through the mental punishment we experience every weak. I try not and consume any footy media during the week because it is empty trash that is designed to elicit a reaction. Hopefully, one day we will all see that infamous second flag and feel that immense weight leave our shoulders.

Anyway, onto Fremantle this week. Win, lose or draw, we will all consume the game in one way or another. As much as it is tough being a Saints fan, I will keep coming back. Love ya all. Stay positive.

Hear a rumor RTB might be shown the door
GIF by Chicks on the Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back