Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 16-23 schedule being released.
Blocking out a chunk of Sunday twilight time slots on my calendar
Sunday games are fine by me, less chance of the whole weekend being ruined. The earlier they are the more chance I can actually watch them before the family wake up.

One more win for the rest of the season? We've had a couple s**t losses and a fair few close ones. We are favourites this weekend for a reason.

We are playing like a bottom 4 side. Freo played pretty well but couldn't convert. We looked completely out of confidence and lost.

Best case West Coast x 2 and Richmond. Can't see us knocking off any of the others.

One more win for the rest of the season? We've had a couple s**t losses and a fair few close ones. We are favourites this weekend for a reason.
We were Favorites last weekend and look how that turned out

If they lose this week Ross should take the team to the Tudor Arms or the Southside Six on Monday
and really get down to brass tacks.

It might be a bit early for a Mad Monday but if we lose to Freo our season will be pretty much over so they may as well have one.

B. Wilkie Howard NWM

H.B. Sch'maker Battle Sinclair

C. Bonner Dow Wood

H.F. Hill Hayes Wilson

F. Henry King Owens

Foll. Marshall Steele Windhager

I/C. Garcia, Hastie, Heath, Webster, Ross-sub

Outs. Membrey, Paton, Stocker

We are a goal a game away from sitting 7-2 at the moment. We are under performing at the moment certainly but the way people act on here like the club is falling apart, the coaches have no clue, the youth are no good etc.. is just self imposed misery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse me?

WE'RE favourites to win?

?
Exactly. We don’t have a good record of getting angry and putting a media bash away. Nor turnaround a lack of confidence quickly. Extraordinary odds for Freo who - aside from the impact of losing a former teammate - have been in good nick. Can’t see us kicking more than 8 goals.

I reckon losing to a bottom 4 side was the nuclear one. Losing to a side that still isn't out of the finals race is less dramatic to me. Last weekend snuffed any chance we had of making finals so was a real kick in the nuts.

Not only losing but kicking 53 points against a side like that.

Then came the presser after, it only got worse after that.

Basset went way too early with his letter to the members.

Brutal as in 8 or our last 9 games at Marvel?
It all depends if you're capable of taking the glass half full approach. I think we all agree that we are playing crap but that poor standard still put us just a kick away from beating Geelong, Port and the Giants away from home. Those teams will all play finals. Throw in Essendon too for good measure.

So even a 10% improvement from here in will give us a chance in most games and we are probably capable of more improvement than that.

Of course the glass half empty approach is much simpler. We are sh.it and will finish bottom 4/5.

Brutal as in 8 or our last 9 games at Marvel?

Have a look at who we play. Who are we beating?

Freo in melbourne - I think they should be favourites.
Melbourne- Loss
WCE in Perth -should win but with umpiring over there who knows.
Suns in Melbourne- they probably win but maybe 50/50 if I'm generous.
Lions in Brisbane- Loss
Port in Melbourne- Loss
Sydney in Melbourne- Loss
Crows in Adelaide- Loss
Eagles in Melbourne- win
Essendon- loss
Lions melbourne -loss
Richmond- win
Cats marvel- loss
Carlton- loss.

Unless we have a massive form turn around I give us three more wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back