Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be gifting a senior game to anyone from last week's Sandy game- maybe with the exception of Caminiti and maybe Sharman..the rest just played lazy footy.
Umm not sure if you watched the saints game at all…, it’s not gifting games. Keeler has been performing for a bit now.

pretty certain the topic of conversation I’m engaging is solely focused on Max.

focus grasshopper

There in lies the issue, you’re not offering balanced criticism if it’s just directed at one player. This thread (topic or conversation) is in respect to the game this weekend against Fremantle, not let’s bash Max King following his 2 games back from injury.

Glad to see others are seeing what I do re Keeler, still a work in progress but the development is visible in my opinion.

Lot of fair criticism on player development, I feel it won't be directed towards Keeler, I think his move down back is paying dividends. Still requires physical development but is getting there.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s great to hear. Do you think the move to the back line is permanent or are they trying to develop his defensive side with a view to moving him forward in the long run?

That’s great to hear. Do you think the move to the back line is permanent or are they trying to develop his defensive side with a view to moving him forward in the long run?
I do t think it’s necessarily permanent, but for now may as well get him some easier ball, fly for marks and give him a simpler role

Re Maxy and his form; I don't think enough people realise how long it can take to mentally recover from injuries. Just look at Hunter Clark and how injuries have affected his development. Max has had a few bad ones and it can honestly take months, even a year or 2 with a clean run at it before the niggling intrusive thoughts are completely gone from someone's mind and they can play free and natural footy.

I also think he must have gone to the same school as me. In the fact that it's not cool to try. I don't think he doesn't try but it's almost like he doesn't want to be seen doing the hard yards, make it look like everything is easy for him.

Either way, you can see he's overthinking things out on the field and he needs to just relax and get back to enjoying playing.

If merely saying to someone what they needed to do was sufficient, we'd all be capable coaches. Teachers as well.

What methods are being employed to get Max (as well as the entire forward line) to play how the coaches want them to play? What instructions are being given as to what to do when an opponent (remember those, the ones trying to stop you succeed) takes away what you want to do?

There's a simplicity to much non-professional analysis - the "just kick the bloody thing" school of punditry.

It's the coaching staff's job to get the players to execute the game plan. The best coaches manage to do that. I bet all of them make clear their expectations. The gap between those two things is what we need to identify and address.
It's a two way street. The coaches need to be adept at their job 100%
However the pupil/player must also be willing to listen, and have the right attitude.

There in lies the issue, you’re not offering balanced criticism if it’s just directed at one player. This thread (topic or conversation) is in respect to the game this weekend against Fremantle, not let’s bash Max King following his 2 games back from injury.
Should be coming through Sandringham. He needs strength and conditioning.
He's offering very little playing underdone and injured in the senior team.
Caminiti offers more as a full forward at the moment, he is adequate cover.

Re Maxy and his form; I don't think enough people realise how long it can take to mentally recover from injuries. Just look at Hunter Clark and how injuries have affected his development. Max has had a few bad ones and it can honestly take months, even a year or 2 with a clean run at it before the niggling intrusive thoughts are completely gone from someone's mind and they can play free and natural footy.

I also think he must have gone to the same school as me. In the fact that it's not cool to try. I don't think he doesn't try but it's almost like he doesn't want to be seen doing the hard yards, make it look like everything is easy for him.

Either way, you can see he's overthinking things out on the field and he needs to just relax and get back to enjoying playing.
A great post there LH77.

Atm,I'm keeping my powder dry re Max.

It's very easy to forget what injuries he's had over the last 1.5 seasons.

How many players in the comp have had over the last 1.5 years... 2 shoulder reco jobs....a knee issue and a suspension.

My point is that big Maxy has had very little continuity.

Yes....from the outside .....his posture etc looks anything but good......it at times looks shocking.

I keep thinking back to that game at Optus in 2021 against the Weagles.

Big pack marks and woofing it in from about the 50(that's why I have believed that he's better suited to playing CHF)

You don't just lose your ability....other factors come into play.

For anyone who has read David Misson's book "The Bubble" (a tad depressing re the 2010 season.....we all know the ending of that movie)_he describes in detail the trouble with getting inured pre Xmas.......post Xmas pre season leading up to the season start and during the season proper.

Your always playing "catch up"

Like several of our players are doing right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back