Preview Round 10: Essendon Bombers vs Oliver Twist Kangaroos, Marvel Stadium, Sunday 19th May, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a bit harder to please. The port and sydney games still linger.. I'm still yet to see how ruthless he can be at selection and whether he can take us to the next step.

He has a mandate and he has my full support but no coach or player should be above constant evaluation. Scott hasn't done anything yet that warrants legend status. Have us top 4 at the end of the season.. win a final and then you sign him for another 3-4 years.
Hes already signed for another 3

Im not talking about legened status, im talking about happy to have him for the next 3 years, nothing will change my mind on that as i already wanted him beforehand and also what hes done so far

By ruthless at selection table what do you want him to do?

I think Laverde is too important for Zurhaar this week to do a manage to give Hayes a game

The time was last week in the west on 10 hrs of flying

Our challenge will be retaining him with the form hes producing, id expect some strong offers as ive mentioned previousily. Hard to see him getting a game now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that worries me is how we deal with inferior midfields that flood back. We've surprised teams by going head to head with them in the midfield. We lost that battle against Port but have won or broke even elsewhere.

Teams like WBD, Coll and GWS back their midfields to stem the flow and not compromise their structure forward of the ball.

Adelaide and WCE did. They conceded the midfield battle early and focused on committing numbers behind the ball, and given we are still struggling a bit with effective connection in forward 50, that made it harder to hit targets.

I think North will do the same. They will accept defeat through the middle and focus on defending in the back half not the front half. And then they surge forward out of defence in numbers, we struggle to stop them.

It's unlikely to be a winning strategy but if North want to contain the margin then they will do that. So unfortunately I can't see us winning by a big margin until we figure out how to navigate that better.

Last edited:
Watching them for the first half against Gold Coast we need to go into this game ruthless.

There is no reason we don't win by 80+. They were unable to run out a quarter.
I can think of one. We are not that team yet.

Could be a closer game than some think.
Their no backline v our Melbourne forward line.
It's not dream round so Davey must go, he's had a good taste for it and will be better for it.
Should win by 87 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back