Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Potentially stupid question but DTlive and footywire don't quite suit what I need. I'm looking for an excel list (or table online I can copy) with all players, club, position. Thought it'd be easy but it isn't

Footywire doesn't have position, DT live doesn't have club and a lookup between the 2 doesn't work as names aren't in the same format. Any ideas?
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...et-back-for-2019.1191252/page-4#post-60971551
have you tried Jivlain 's spread sheet?

Ne

Neale has been pretty underwhelming the past month or so apart from on the weekend. 108, 84, 91 and 119.

Yeo 101, 146, 97 and 140, Zorko 75, 136, 134, 118 would be my pick of the four.

Steele 90, 128, 112 and 117 also amazing.

Ne

Neale has been pretty underwhelming the past month or so apart from on the weekend. 108, 84, 91 and 119.

Yeo 101, 146, 97 and 140, Zorko 75, 136, 134, 118 would be my pick of the four.

Steele 90, 128, 112 and 117 also amazing.
Yeah, ya dead right, I get mixed up with SC and Fantasy....in SC Neale scores shitloads better.

*edit....Zorko looks good, seems like Neale gets the tag.

Can any saints fans give insite on wtf has happened to Newnes ?

I may be wrong but from watching the Saints on the weekend I observed:
- Ed Phillips (remember this cash cow from last year?) playing on the wing and therefore shifting Newnes into the forwardline
- Newnes still drifted up a bit but pretty much his whole game in the earlier round was him being there for the switch/the outlet option on the other side (+6 every time). And Ed coming in seems to have taken that away from him

I'm hoping coz Ed played pretty crap after his knock that maybe he'll be dropped this week and Newnes will go back to the wing

If not, he's gone from my team

sheed vs shuey?
if you had to pick one - which would it be. Only thing i can see different is their price

If they are your only options then I would go Sheed. Shuey is a safe 90-105 type player who can go 120 every now and then but is also prone to a tag.

Sheed seems to be back to a fantasy friendly role again and has a pretty high ceiling on his day. Nobody is going to tag him either.

I'm glad the traders hyped up Ziebell. I'll be grabbing Dusty instead (constable out).

If I upgrade Z Williams to Ellis as well, that leaves me with 219k. That means I'm a parker downgrade away from Hore/Stack/Lockhart/Clark to Whitfield next week.

I should probably grab Whit this week, but Melb tagged him last year, and how often do you see a 190 being backed up the week after? Basically I want that 39 to be out of his system and then I'm all in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I can afford Treloar, should I go for him, or instead spend less on Zorko (good run ahead) or Yeo (good form, good BE)?
If I can afford Treloar, should I go for him, or instead spend less on Zorko (good run ahead) or Yeo (good form, good BE)?
I have Trelol, from memory his scoring dipped a bit when Adams was in.

Just had a look at his average........take out the 39 and he's going at 137, can he keep up that pace? I hope so cos just brought him in

yeah I was looking to bring him and JZ in this week. Am 6k short of making it happen. Gotta have Whitfield at all costs, it's killing me seeing him put up those ridiculous numbers.

Hey lads! Need a bit of help.
Unfortunately just dropped to 25k overall after a s**t round from some players and rookies but it's my first season.
I'm currently still running 7 rookies on field as injuries have been my priority.
Let's say danger misses a week, I'll hold him and not Williams.
Should I spend my money on downgrading drew to garner and upgrading William's to whitfield leaving 30k left?
Or should I maybe upgrade William's to crisp/laird or something and save 150k for next round?
Brang in liamshiels last week over dom sheed, sheed can be an option this week to for 630

The only way I can get
Hey lads! Need a bit of help.
Unfortunately just dropped to 25k overall after a **** round from some players and rookies but it's my first season.
I'm currently still running 7 rookies on field as injuries have been my priority.
Let's say danger misses a week, I'll hold him and not Williams.
Should I spend my money on downgrading drew to garner and upgrading William's to whitfield leaving 30k left?
Or should I maybe upgrade William's to crisp/laird or something and save 150k for next round?
Brang in liamshiels last week over dom sheed, sheed can be an option this week to for 630

Especially for your first season I reccomend going for players that those above you have or the majority of the competition have.

I've done a bit of research into the next round of footy and thought I'd write it all down and share it this week. I started this on my notepad app and probably got a little bit carried away so excuse the AFL.com.au article. Usually it's a piece of printer paper filled with unreadable nonsense.

Rookies
I was super impressed with Joel Garner's debut last week in what was pretty torrential rain on the weekend. To amass 11 kicks from 13 disposals okay 76% efficiency is impressive. Ken and his teammates can't speak highly enough of him and he's a future leader. I don't think his job security is as shaky as it seems. 189k defender with a 3 breakeven who comes up against Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium. Which is very relevant. Plenty of space for half back flank types.

Fremantle have lost the last three games and may look to change things up whether it be for a winning formula or for an eye on 2020. 170k midfielder Brett Bewley has 21 touches, including 6 tackles and the Fremantle bigfooty board seem to rate his effectiveness with the ball highly, especially by foot. 170k midfielder averaging 73 in the WAFL. Today Fremantle came out and said Sean Darcy and Matt Taberner would both be out for atleast a month which opens the door for opportunity if Fremantle choose (may be forced) to go more small.

It's worth mentioning that for this reason I think Griffen Logue is a good chance to play his first game of 2019. He's a 216k defender but I doubt he will be fantasy relevant. He's averaged 57 in his two games back from a hamstring injury.

Richmond have proved to blood young players for extended periods this year and somebody Ive had my eye on for awhile is 170k defender Patrick Naish. He's been banging the door down to debut. Last week he had 29 touches and 4 goals across half back and this week he backed it up with 28 touches (including 4 rebound 50s and 6 inside 50s) as well as a further two scoring shots. He's currently averaging 90.5 with pretty remarkable consistency.

Ripe targets
We all have a computer or phone and this is a fantasy forum so I won't go into much detail. Here are some of the numbers of players I feel are in good form and worth considering.

Zach Merrett - has gone at 121in his last 3 and 123 in his last 5. Has Richmond this week for instant reward. Genuine captain option.

Jack Ziebell - has gone at 111 in his last 3 after a role change into the midfield. Bulldogs at Marvel, followed by Richmond and Gold Coast.

Mitch Duncan - 129 in his last 3, 120 last 5. Loves marks, has Gold coast this week and no Danger.

Dustin Martin - 98.3 last 3, coming off 135 against Hawthorn. The Dusty of old - watch his highlights. Essendon at the G this week.

Lachie Whitfield - averaging 111 from his last 3, 123 last 5. Take away his injured game and he's averaging 137 for the season. Melbourne then the Gold Coast upcoming.

Value
I ran my eyes over some fantasy relevant players I personally like who are relatively cheap compared to their expected output at the moment. I've probably missed heaps.

Alex Witherden 586k - should return to form in latter half of year, as he did in 2018.
Isaac Heeney 586k - will return to form and is cheap as chips for a bloke who could average 100 from here on.
Bryce Gibbs 632k - back in midfield role where he has averaged over 100 six times, including 2018.
Nic Newman 585k - great kick:handball ratio as long as he finds the footy.
Brandon Ellis 625k - back in midfield role where he has averaged over 100 before.
Luke Parker 656k - more midfield responsibilty and has shown high ceiling in the past.

Blokes like Jack Ziebell, Dustin Martin, Elliot Yeo, Dayne Zorko, Stephen Coniglio, Jackson MacRae and Patrick Cripps are all great value too. The list goes on. Some real genuine premium upgrade/downgrades at the moment. Even Taylor Adams at 627k could be worth a punt this week.

Some further notes-
DO YOU TRADE IN LACHIE WHITFIELD?

GWS struggle to win at the MCG. Theyve played there 16 times for 2 wins. Against Melbourne in 2014 and Collingwood at the beginning of 2018. Last time they played Lachie Whitfield was tagged by James Harmes for a 51. Before that, Whitfield has scored 82, and 82 for a total average of 71.

HOWEVER. In those games, a Giant has always picked up the slack with large scores to Kelly, Coniglio and Ward which suggests he could score well if given opportunity. Against their last 3 opponents, these are the scores Melbourne are giving up to defensive dominant players. So players who are playing about 65% time in defence.
Hurn 137
Sheed 133
Gaff 126
McGovern 100
MacPherson 117
Swallow 108
Weller 102
Hanley 84
Hardwick 90

My conclusion is who the * knows. Whitfield is going 70 or 140.

And finally, I think Mitch Duncan should genuinely be the #1 trade target this week as well as captain. In his last 3 versus the Gold Coast, Duncan has averaged 122 going at 128, 102 and 136. And he is in form averaging 129 from his last 3. Suns are leaking points at the moment and there are points up for grabs with Patrick Dangerfield being a likely out. Tim Kelly will cop any attention the Suns decide to apply. Mitch Duncan will run around all day unchecked taking uncontested marks. The only way the planets could align any more is if it was played at GMHBA stadium; but then again Clayton Oliver scored 161 at Metricon last week.

Last edited:
Potentially stupid question but DTlive and footywire don't quite suit what I need. I'm looking for an excel list (or table online I can copy) with all players, club, position. Thought it'd be easy but it isn't

Footywire doesn't have position, DT live doesn't have club and a lookup between the 2 doesn't work as names aren't in the same format. Any ideas?
Maybe this helps. Not my work, so I hope the author doesn't mind. A useful resource from one of our posters here. Click on download to open in Excel.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-fantasy-spreadsheet-back-for-2019.1191252/post-60971551

I've done a bit of research into the next round of footy and thought I'd write it all down and share it this week. I started this on my notepad app and probably got a little bit carried away so excuse the AFL.com.au article. Usually it's a piece of printer paper filled with unreadable nonsense.

Rookies
I was super impressed with Joel Garner's debut last week in what was pretty torrential rain on the weekend. To amass 11 kicks from 13 disposals okay 76% efficiency is impressive. Ken and his teammates can't speak highly enough of him and he's a future leader. I don't think his job security is as shaky as it seems. 189k defender with a 3 breakeven who comes up against Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium. Which is very relevant. Plenty of space for half back flank types.

Fremantle have lost the last three games and may look to change things up whether it be for a winning formula or for an eye on 2020. 170k midfielder Brett Bewley has 21 touches, including 6 tackles and the Fremantle bigfooty board seem to rate his effectiveness with the ball highly, especially by foot. 170k midfielder averaging 73 in the WAFL. Today Fremantle came out and said Sean Darcy and Matt Taberner would both be out for atleast a month which opens the door for opportunity if Fremantle choose (may be forced) to go more small.

It's worth mentioning that for this reason I think Griffen Logue is a good chance to play his first game of 2019. He's a 216k defender but I doubt he will be fantasy relevant. He's averaged 57 in his two games back from a hamstring injury.

Richmond have proved to blood young players for extended periods this year and somebody Ive had my eye on for awhile is 170k defender Patrick Naish. He's been banging the door down to debut. Last week he had 29 touches and 4 goals across half back and this week he backed it up with 28 touches (including 4 rebound 50s and 6 inside 50s) as well as a further two scoring shots. He's currently averaging 90.5 with pretty remarkable consistency.

Ripe targets
We all have a computer or phone and this is a fantasy forum so I won't go into much detail. Here are some of the numbers of players I feel are in good form and worth considering.

Zach Merrett - has gone at 121in his last 3 and 123 in his last 5. Has Richmond this week for instant reward. Genuine captain option.

Jack Ziebell - has gone at 111 in his last 3 after a role change into the midfield. Bulldogs at Marvel, followed by Richmond and Gold Coast.

Mitch Duncan - 129 in his last 3, 120 last 5. Loves marks, has Gold coast this week and no Danger.

Dustin Martin - 98.3 last 3, coming off 135 against Hawthorn. The Dusty of old - watch his highlights. Essendon at the G this week.

Lachie Whitfield - averaging 111 from his last 3, 123 last 5. Take away his injured game and he's averaging 137 for the season. Melbourne then the Gold Coast upcoming.

Value
I ran my eyes over some fantasy relevant players I personally like who are relatively cheap compared to their expected output at the moment. I've probably missed heaps.

Alex Witherden 586k - should return to form in latter half of year, as he did in 2018.
Isaac Heeney 586k - will return to form and is cheap as chips for a bloke who could average 100 from here on.
Bryce Gibbs 632k - back in midfield role where he has averaged over 100 six times, including 2018.
Brandon Ellis 625k - back in midfield role where he has averaged over 100 before.
Luke Parker 656k - more midfield responsibilty and has shown high ceiling in the past.

Blokes like Jack Ziebell, Dustin Martin, Elliot Yeo, Dayne Zorko, Stephen Coniglio, Jackson MacRae and Patrick Cripps are all great value too. The list goes on. Some real genuine premium upgrade/downgrades at the moment. Even Taylor Adams at 627k could be worth a punt this week.

Some further notes-

GWS struggle to win at the MCG. Theyve played there 16 times for 2 wins. Against Melbourne in 2014 and Collingwood at the beginning of 2018. Last time they played Lachie Whitfield was tagged by James Harmes for a 51. Before that, Whitfield has scored 82, and 82 for a total average of 71.

HOWEVER. In those games, a Giant has always picked up the slack with large scores to Kelly, Coniglio and Ward which suggests he could score well if given opportunity. Against their last 3 opponents, these are the scores Melbourne are giving up to defensive dominant players. So players who are playing about 65% time in defence.
Hurn 137
Sheed 133
Gaff 126
McGovern 100
MacPherson 117
Swallow 108
Weller 102
Hanley 84
Hardwick 90

My conclusion is who the **** knows. Whitfield is going 70 or 140.

And finally, I think Mitch Duncan should genuinely be the #1 trade target this week as well as captain. In his last 3 versus the Gold Coast, Duncan has averaged 122 going at 128, 102 and 136. Suns are leaking points at the moment and there are points up for grabs with Patrick Dangerfield being a likely out. Tim Kelly will cop any attention the Suns decide to apply. Mitch Duncan will run around all day unchecked taking uncontested marks. The only way the planets could align any more is if it was played at GMHBA stadium; but then again Clayton Oliver scored 161 at Metricon last week.
Very nice write up! Appreciate your effort

Rookies

Ripe targets

Value

Some further notes-

Hurn 137
Sheed 133
Gaff 126
McGovern 100
MacPherson 117
Swallow 108
Weller 102
Hanley 84
Hardwick 90

My conclusion is who the **** knows. Whitfield is going 70 or 140.

And finally, I think Mitch Duncan should genuinely be the #1 trade target this week as well as captain. In his last 3 versus the Gold Coast, Duncan has averaged 122 going at 128, 102 and 136. Suns are leaking points at the moment and there are points up for grabs with Patrick Dangerfield being a likely out. Tim Kelly will cop any attention the Suns decide to apply. Mitch Duncan will run around all day unchecked taking uncontested marks. The only way the planets could align any more is if it was played at GMHBA stadium; but then again Clayton Oliver scored 161 at Metricon last week.
Great writeup, when are you getting a segment on dttalk? ;) I want Duncan especially with his upcoming fixture but I can't get him due to his price and not wanting to own half the geelong team. Garner is locked in my team for this week and if Bewley is given a shot it is probably perfect timing for many as he is a direct replacement for hayes if he gets dropped (same bye).

Whitfield is the big one this week and while the safe thing to do is trade him in I think I'll risk it and get him next week as I'm chasing Ziebell this week. Here's hoping Harmes or someone goes to him. He will be a necessity next week because of his opponent that is for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back