Preview Round 10 v Brisbane GABBA Saturday May 18th 7.30pm - Sir Doug Nicholls Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short listed on the bench I think Short might be a late out like baker was last week, think he is carrying a bit of ankle injury and smith is listed as an emergency
That would be fine with me,
Short has been putrid since he returned and wasn’t much better before that either

Happy to see Matty C, Kano and Steeley G get a go

Hope Cumbo starts on the ground….Brisbane is his bitch remember
100% he’s performed every time vs Brisbane
Surely he’d be confident

Baker and Grimes didn't get through training. Also question marks on Tom Brown's shoulder.
Coulthard been sublime at VFL level with 6 goals over the last 3 matches

Why we risk Browns shoulder? ... who can you bring in .... Bauer to come in off 3 quarters in the VFL for Brown and risk his hamstring
I doubt Koschitzke plays VFL as he was hobbling around in the last quarter against the Dogs on Sunday.

VFL report says Kosi should be right to play this week ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no one else left really. We don't seem to want to play three talls, which makes it hard for Ryan to get in.

Lefau hardly a tall though. Having Lefau and one key forward hasn’t worked once, not sure why we haven’t tried bringing in another.

Lefau hardly a tall though. Having Lefau and one key forward hasn’t worked once, not sure why we haven’t tried bringing in another.
Bauer is the answer to basically everything.

How is 195cm with a good leap not a tall. Seems to me the only one who can mark a ball on our forward line.
Game has changed again
Just how back in the day 185 was considered plenty for a chf

Key position defenders are pushing the 200cm mark and beyond so it’s a lot more difficult for the guys in the mid to lower 195 range to impact

Lefau isn’t a big overhead mark type either if you compare him to the others in that lower range who play as key forwards

Game has changed again
Just how back in the day 185 was considered plenty for a chf

Key position defenders are pushing the 200cm mark and beyond so it’s a lot more difficult for the guys in the mid to lower 195 range to impact

Lefau isn’t a big overhead mark type either if you compare him to the others in that lower range who play as key forwards
With his spring he has the ability to play taller than his height, but as you say he is not a big overehead mark type like Lynch is for example. But he is just learning the key forward caper, and taking the best backman, which will not happen if Lynch plays. Has surprised me with some of his marking on good opponents, last week he had a case of the fumbles, but generally the marks have stuck.

The other thing is, he hurts people. Even last week he left a few with some good fair body shots, this will upset backs as once they have played on him they will know what to expect. Might make some backs think twice around him. Next season, he, Lynch, Balta, Gibcus, Young and Miller form a young but pretty exciting group of talls.

With his spring he has the ability to play taller than his height, but as you say he is not a big overehead mark type like Lynch is for example. But he is just learning the key forward caper, and taking the best backman, which will not happen if Lynch plays. Has surprised me with some of his marking on good opponents, last week he had a case of the fumbles, but generally the marks have stuck.

The other thing is, he hurts people. Even last week he left a few with some good fair body shots, this will upset backs as once they have played on him they will know what to expect. Might make some backs think twice around him. Next season, he, Lynch, Balta, Gibcus, Young and Miller form a young but pretty exciting group of talls.
No doubt but ultimately in todays game he is probably more a medium forward not a proper key position player

Just more an observation on how some people don’t really see him as a “tall” like your post mentioned

We should forfeit, another four injuries, seriously, did Yze walk under a ladder, break a mirror and have a dozen black cats cross his path when he walked into Richmond, seems like it, never seen so many injuries in a year.
louies on fire and flying under the radar

When moved on the ball he was good…bottom line is the seniors need a bigger body to balance the youngs
he was good for a quarter and 10min into the last and then Daniel took him apart with explosive speed. KMAC in the guts at senior level will be a massive liability as he's just a plodder now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back