Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that’s complete guess work.

Not really. All season, players performing at Sandy left out, players not performing at St Kilda left in. Only when injuries hit and no one is left they get a crack. Blind Freddy would've been playing Highmore every week. Blind Freddy also would've dropped a handful of protected players when required.

Not really. All season, players performing at Sandy left out, players not performing at St Kilda left in. Only when injuries hit and no one is left they get a crack. Blind Freddy would've been playing Highmore every week. Blind Freddy also would've dropped a handful of protected players when required.
No that’s your opinion Most times highmore was dropped I’d agreed with.

At least Clavarino gives someone for Ratts to drop next week.
Clav out - Bytel in
Bytel out - Clav in

latest

People will always pick the guts out of the selections , last week our midfield was hammered and they are bringing in a form midfielder.
Also when you lose 5 players through injury or dropped it is a hell of a change to the side and finding replacements who a worthy for call up would be are hard call.
I hoping Clavarino is a revelation and set's the teams back-line up for years to come - we desperately need a big marking defender.
Hopefully he gains confidence from a few games and performs to standard and if he does it will solve one problem we have and the next will be to find a good ruckman for the future.
I have full confidence in our kids from King , Clark , Coffield , Byrne , Bytel , Battle.
For instance Battle just cracked 50 games and is not 23 yet - he has been used in all sorts of positions and hopefully the sort that out.
Also Max King is playing as really our main key forward and after 27 games imagine how good he will be with 50 under his belt - he is not even 21 yet so he has the ability to be the AFL's best forward and we just locked him up for another 5 yrs which is huge.

Things are not all that bad when you look at the future of the club.
If Clav could come on, it would solve a huge issue for us moving forward.

Hoping he can just break even this week and not be overawed by the step up. A couple of intercept marks and clean ball use are the main things I'm hoping we see from him.

The most disappointing part for me is the soft drop treatment Frawley and McKernan have got.

Agree. Dropping Lonie and Bytel isn't exactly making a statement.

I think many on here would have felt more appeased if Frawley and McKernan had (omitted) next to their names.

I'm glad to see Clav get a go. Annoying that we're giving Dunstan his 106th chance to show something different though

Lose against North ...think more likely ...need to win this week , park the egos aside .

not wrapped like everyone else, but if we drop too many and esp the ones everyone wants, and then we lose this week vs North, all hell will break loose. If it were anyone say 14th and up, we could go hard at it, but were playing bloody North.

Poor Bytel, but wrapt for Clav.

2 bottles of red
Eating is cheating lol
Lucky I can’t work tomorrow
Yep working from home tomorrow and all of next week. Went to the Precinct after work had a few pints before we're enslaved again. Depressing

Not much surprises me where the Saints are concerned after following them for 50 years. However, I will be surprised if we don't win by 40 points plus. And absolutely astounded if we lost.

Of course it won't matter one iota if we win by a 100 points. Until we deliver on the big stage against quality opposition and eliminate the horror losses, it will count for nothing.

Games like this week means we are on a hiding to nothing. Bank the win, keep the fans happy and get the media off our backs for a week is the best we can hope for. Then on to the real challenges that lie ahead.

Saints by 45.

Ok to everyone who hates the “selection integrity” or lack thereof I put the following to you:

I’m not confident given the last three times we played them we lost. All three were away games too so I thought big home crowd should make a difference this time.

So if I can just point out North seem to regularly beat us regardless of our form or what team we have on the park. Bad Friday coming off a pretty good season 2017; the match after the Essendon one (which to this day I’m convinced we never lose if we didn’t lose the Essendon one) in 2009; round three 2005 when we were premiership favourites pre season (really media???)
And even last year when many expected us to rise up the ladder and Roos to fall drastically.

Massive massive danger game. I’m glad we have our best players playing. Yes they probably don’t deserve to but we need them to find form and the only way that happens is by playing them. I’m not going to talk about the individual selections coz I already did that but let me bring up the two biggest whipping boys.

Butler is one of our best two small forwards over the small sample size of this season. Higgins is the other so that’s a no brainer. We can’t carry three. This needs to be a regular thing. Let the three fight it out rather than playing all three of them. They just don’t work together atm.

Hill is on 800-900k a year (I’m still not exactly sure how much) - now i don’t understand why you want to have him spend his time in the twos when he’s more valuable in the seniors but the other thing is who cares if he’s a downhill skier. If that’s the case then put on the Melbourne off-season gear Hilly and ski down that slope. If it gets us over the line then I’m all for it.

if we lose this game imagine the fallout from having them dropped (oh we would have won if we had hill and Butler) - I mean Jesus! When does it end? They are trying to win because they are not mathematically out of this season and they know the heat is on them big time to perform. both individually and as a team. This is a critical game for the 22 named and it’s almost a case of Ratts saying “rights boys show me you deserve to play for this club” - I can tell you with absolute certainty that if they don’t perform I will be unequivocally on board with having them dropped.

Think of it as the last chance. Don’t **** up St Kilda or it’s over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did they stop putting eggs on the Australian pizza? That always puzzled me, the eggs just disappeared one day. It gave me the chance to discover other pizzas though, that's the good thing about change. Clavarino is my Capricciosa this week.
There's no pizza integrity anymore

Why did they stop putting eggs on the Australian pizza? That always puzzled me, the eggs just disappeared one day. It gave me the chance to discover other pizzas though, that's the good thing about change. Clavarino is my Capricciosa this week.

Try Central Park pizza East Malvern

Webster stiff but otherwise this is a very good post. I would agree with most of that.
I second Webster being stiff to not be in that list...
He is as you say as hard as a cat's head with good foot skills, anyone who is hard at it doesn't know any different!

Haven't posted since the Dog debacle.

Whats this making a statement BS?

These kents don't care about 'statements'. They don't care about the fans, the club, the jumper.
They have shown this v Essendon, Richmond, Port, and the Dogs.

They care about nothing except the money us sucker members pay and guys.

THE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU.

Look at you all, all passionate and shit about statements. They have you hooked in a cult like trance.

I was bagged after emailing the club about these shit campaigners and the fact they dont care.

Can't you all see it now? The don't care, don't try and EMBARRASS you as supporters of this club.

So stuff statements, protest with your feet, as I am at years end.

If Clav could come on, it would solve a huge issue for us moving forward.

Hoping he can just break even this week and not be overawed by the step up. A couple of intercept marks and clean ball use are the main things I'm hoping we see from him.

Joyce was playing well and got the arse so Clav will want to play like a god. When's DMac back? He's all we have to look forward to now. Hopefully he gets another run where he looks like the least worst player in a tri-pane top and stands out because he puts in the required amount of effort to play AFL footy.

I second Webster being stiff to not be in that list...
He is as you say as hard as a cat's head with good foot skills, anyone who is hard at it doesn't know any different!
To be fair he responded saying he thinks Webster is also pretty good. That’s without a doubt the best post I’ve seen from Coops or Scotty or whatever his name is.

These kents don't care about 'statements'. They don't care about the fans, the club, the jumper.

THE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU.

Look at you all, all passionate and sh*t about statements. They have you hooked in a cult like trance.

I was bagged after emailing the club about these sh*t campaigners and the fact they dont care.

Can't you all see it now? The don't care, don't try and EMBARRASS you as supporters of this club.

So glad you’re back JB. Don’t ever leave us again.

Actually, has Max ever done any rucking before? Could he maybe give Paddy a chop out late in the quarters. Not talking about forward stoppages but actually rucking at a centre bounce? Is this something he could perhaps develop as part of his game?
Paul Salmon re-visited? Key forward becomes All Australian ruck. Has the agility and tank. Can drift forward to put pressure on the opposition.

Tantalising prospect with Bing to be the key forward 🤔

Obviously been a long week for me 🤪

Agree. Dropping Lonie and Bytel isn't exactly making a statement.

I think many on here would have felt more appeased if Frawley and McKernan had (omitted) next to their names.

I'm glad to see Clav get a go. Annoying that we're giving Dunstan his 106th chance to show something different though

Well it is making a statement, possibly not a very good one, like the equeivillet of wearing your pajamas all day during lock down to stick it to the man.

Winning a game vs North when our season is done seems to be the priority over the future. I hope we lose this.
I don’t. My Roos mate will never let me live it down.

THE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU.

Look at you all, all passionate and sh*t about statements. They have you hooked in a cult like trance.

I was bagged after emailing the club about these sh*t campaigners and the fact they dont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back