Prediction Round 11, 2024: Changes vs Kuwarna (Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we melt about the fact there’s not really anything to melt about?
41e4b226-7a95-4ae9-9ea9-995420002941_text.gif

Yeo for Edwards should be the only change. Edwards needs a role change and some stats under his belt. Go and be the main man in the WAFL midfield.

I like it. Would love it if Hall got a game (not as the sub) but seems unlikely after the Johnston and Dewar fanfare for their debut. Yeo for Edwards the only change I can see sticking, still would have liked Culley to have come in for Petch last week. Would love Burgiel to have a big WAFL game this week to put his hand up for selection.

I don’t think we’ll beat Adelaide.BW seems to have trouble with that galumping ruckman of theirs, Fogarty loves playing us and Tex will spend the whole game behind the pack shoving Barass in the back.
Rankine out is a plus.
If by chance we beat them then you can put money on us to make the eight.( barring a horrendous injury run.)

I have a sneaky feeling about this one.
Having our first choice midfield with a rested Yeo, and Harley + Ginbey hitting their straps. BW played well against Gawn.
Backline is settled, Forward line working really well together. J-train on fire. Hough will put Rachelle to sleep, no Rankine....
There are no passengers atm, even Ryan and Darling are playing well.
Sheed should go to Jordan Dawson and shut him down hopefully.

I dunno, if we come out with the same attitude as against Melbourne, we're a decent chance.
The $5 odds they're giving us are downright disrespectful.
Adelaide are gettable, and this will put the final nail in their season if we win.

The only thing stopping me from tipping WC is the likely hometown umpiring in Adelaide. Worth about 4 goals.

I don’t think we’ll beat Adelaide.BW seems to have trouble with that galumping ruckman of theirs, Fogarty loves playing us and Tex will spend the whole game behind the pack shoving Barass in the back.
Rankine out is a plus.
If by chance we beat them then you can put money on us to make the eight.( barring a horrendous injury run.)
We have no chance of making the 8. We would have to win about 9 of our remaining 12 games. We will be lucky to finish above 13th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having our first choice midfield with a rested Yeo, and Harley + Ginbey hitting their straps. BW played well against Gawn.
Backline is settled, Forward line working really well together. J-train on fire. Hough will put Rachelle to sleep, no Rankine....

I dunno, if we come out with the same attitude as against Melbourne, we're a decent chance.
Adelaide are gettable, and this will put the final nail in their season if we win.

The only thing stopping me from tipping WC is the likely hometown umpiring in Adelaide. Worth about 4 goals.

Lets compare midfields.

C [20] Mitchell Hinge,[14] Jake Soligo,[12] Jordan Dawson

C [5] Jayden Hunt,[11] Tim Kelly,[7] Reuben Ginbey

Foll [43] Reilly O'Brien,[29] Rory Laird,[26] Harry Schoenberg

Foll [32] Bailey J. Williams,[6] Elliot Yeo,[9] Harley Reid

Send Sheed off a wing to mind Laird.

I can see us at a minimum breaking even here if we turn up like last week.

We have no chance of making the 8. We would have to win about 9 of our remaining 12 games. We will be lucky to finish above 13th
We have a tiny chance to slip into 8th, but here is how it would have to play out:

- we are 3-7 and need to even up wins and losses before any thought of finals. We're a long way back, so pretty much need to win the next 4 and get to 7-7. That means beating Crows, Saints, North and Bombers.
-If we achieve that, we clearly have gone up a level. Then we need 5 wins from the last 9 and hop our % is good enough to jag a spot (or 6 wins from 9 which is unlikely).
-the last 9 games are Hawks (H), Melb (A), Lions (H), Saints (A),

I dont think Laird and Crouch on current form are worth tagging, theyre both on 60% time on ground doing absolutely nothing with the ball. If you are worried about them getting the ball at all, both those guys are the exact same player, tag one and the other will still do whatever.

If Sheed doesnt go to Dawson I wouldnt bother tagging at all tbh. Dawson often starts at a HFF flank then roams around the midfield after the bounce, and isnt particularly quick, outside Dawsons marking ability Sheed might be ok there

Crows coming off a close loss last week, they'll be amped at home, this is a must win for them. There'll be some heat in this game.
We've hit some form, if we bring same pressure and intensity, should be a cracker game. No injuries please.

Soligo the one that's likely to go under the radar a bit - hopefully Simpson has a plan for him.

I'll die on this hill, but I feel like Sam Berry usually rips us a new one as well. Not overly skilled but goes for the footy like his life depends on it, and that desperation alone seems to undo us. He's in the extended squad, not sure if he gets a game but is a bit of a cheat code for the Crows when playing us - based on nothing but the vibe.

I'll die on this hill, but I feel like Sam Berry usually rips us a new one as well. Not overly skilled but goes for the footy like his life depends on it, and that desperation alone seems to undo us. He's in the extended squad, not sure if he gets a game but is a bit of a cheat code for the Crows when playing us - based on nothing but the vibe.

He certainly did a number on us preseason.

I dont think Laird and Crouch on current form are worth tagging, theyre both on 60% time on ground doing absolutely nothing with the ball. If you are worried about them getting the ball at all, both those guys are the exact same player, tag one and the other will still do whatever.

If Sheed doesnt go to Dawson I wouldnt bother tagging at all tbh. Dawson often starts at a HFF flank then roams around the midfield after the bounce, and isnt particularly quick, outside Dawsons marking ability Sheed might be ok there

Would. Hough be better on Dawson? Especially when forward.

Likely beats him for pace and similar height. Would be a great scalp for Hough taking Dawson out of the game.

I like Sheed getting a semi run with role, makes him accountable. Maybe goes to the in form Solgio as a young mid likely finds it harder to shake the attention.

If we reduce Solgio and Dawson's infuence that gets as half way to a win IMO.

We have a tiny chance to slip into 8th, but here is how it would have to play out:

- we are 3-7 and need to even up wins and losses before any thought of finals. We're a long way back, so pretty much need to win the next 4 and get to 7-7. That means beating Crows, Saints, North and Bombers.
-If we achieve that, we clearly have gone up a level. Then we need 5 wins from the last 9 and hop our % is good enough to jag a spot (or 6 wins from 9 which is unlikely).
-the last 9 games are Hawks (H), Melb (A), Lions (H), Saints (A),

Look, I like everyone hope the Bombers’ winless finals record continues - but they are a quality side this year (in a fairly even group). They beat us at home, where we play better, I doubt we can beat them on the road.

The rest is quite hopeful as well, but there is a reality that our draw is much easier than what we have already completed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back