Preview Round 11 Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not a fan of rating players subjectively - A, B,C etc (what does it even mean). Mihocek is an important forward to the Collingwood structure.

Is he in the top echelon of forwards in the competition. No he isn’t. Has he been named All Australian - No he hasn’t.

Does he improve Collingwood. Yes he does.
100% - the distance between "A" & "B" in this context is so small as to be meaningless, the question is would they rather have them in or out. Are they 'straight back in' players. Both are IMO. Fully agree with the rest of this post. Want us to win so bad and stomp all over Craigs puffer jacket. I still hate the pies even tho I respect the team.

Brayshaw on SEN this morning said our midfield would be going head to head against Collingwood's midfield but if that doesn't work, or is a con, maybe we use Aish to try and play a shut down role on Nick Daicos and Wagner goes to half back. Daicos could also start at half back and Aish tags him there.
Smart really.
Always thought Wagner should've been in a while ago with his pace and offensive minded kicking. Aish has been too conservative of late.

Bonus that De Goey isn't in. Normally too big/pacey for the group. Can see McCreery in the centre bounces though. Always struggle against those types

The unicorn had the most ground ball gets last week. He can play tall, small, up front, in ruck in the midfield. HE'S THE UNICORN

He can take Emmett's role and keep Voss in!!!

Let be inventive for once!
Jl is too conservative for that approach.
No idea why Jackson isn't given license to roam.
Him up forward with 4-5 marks and 10-15 disposals is a waste of time and efforts tbh.

Markov is a good out for us. Very quick with penetrating kick.
Someone needs to shut Quaynor down. Swita? Walker? Walker has spent a lot of time playing between the arcs in recent matches. Might go to Bobby Hill though. Or Daicos?
Quaynor? he hardly touches the ball. Noble does though and provides a lot of rebound, he's the guy to curb.

I did buy a Powerball ticket the other day and yes I do Live in South Australia.

If my Powerball ticket is a lucky one and Freo makes a grand final in 2024, well.... You lot can join the dots lol

So ….you’re shouting the entire Freo Big Footy team to GF tickets !… you beauty- hope you’ve checked your ticket!🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Curnow is the tier above

I'd be pretty happy with mihocek as an a grader altho the age is a worry for me
If A is the top tier then how can he simultaneously be a tier above Mihocek and then have Mihocek be an A grader?

If you're just adding an extra tier and pushing everyone up (so that Curnow is S or whatever), Mihocek is still the tier below the best.

What are you even trying to argue here?

If A is the top tier then how can he simultaneously be a tier above Mihocek and then have Mihocek be an A grader?

If you're just adding an extra tier and pushing everyone up (so that Curnow is S or whatever), Mihocek is still the tier below the best.

What are you even trying to argue here?
Since when has A been top tier?

S is top tier, it's where I would put elite players

Since when has A been top tier?

S is top tier, it's where I would put elite players
Well given "S tier" is of Japanese origin, I'd say the earliest it could have become popular would be the early 2000s. Both S and A are from school grades and I reckon that A has been around a century longer than S in this country.

I'd also hazard a guess that prior to today, less than 1% of BF discussions around players (at lest on this board) ever refer to S tier.

Is it? I thought there was SSS+ and all that above that - isn't that how anime or marvel comic rankings go?
I'm only aware of S tier from all those youtube videos where people review random stuff using the template which has S at the top. I'm willing to go on record that it was NOT a thing in the 90s or early 2000s in Australia (WA or NSW at least).

Well given "S tier" is of Japanese origin, I'd say the earliest it could have become popular would be the early 2000s. Both S and A are from school grades and I reckon that A has been around a century longer than S in this country.

I'd also hazard a guess that prior to today, less than 1% of BF discussions around players (at lest on this board) ever refer to S tier.
Video games brought it over before that iirc

And we are on the internet so generally S tier would be the highest tier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Johnson strangely looks healthier after retiring and putting on some weight.

Thinking James Aish and 20 games-across-five-teams Wagner will be the difference against the reigning premiers is mental

Cannot see Freo as the favourites here… Friday night, 6 day break, goal kicking yips and playing the reigning premiers somewhere they will have heaps of support? Yeah nah, can’t see it being great.

Would LOOOOOOVE to be surprised! C’mon boys!!

Video games brought it over before that iirc

And we are on the internet so generally S tier would be the highest tier

I think if you trawled through here you'd find that not to be the case. Possibly due to the average age of a BF nuff.

That said, if S is actually A then Mihocek is an A and Curnow is an S which would be the exact same thing as saying Curnow is A and Mihocek is B.

I think if you trawled through here you'd find that not to be the case. Possibly due to the average age of a BF nuff.

That said, if S is actually A then Mihocek is an A and Curnow is an S which would be the exact same thing as saying Curnow is A and Mihocek is B.
So mihocek is a massive in for them then

Which was the original point I guess

🤷

Edit: actually the original point seems to be they are "only" B graders, the way that it was put probably means they had B grade as lower than a second tier player, so I guess DQ was rating on the S tier scale

In which case I reckon he is A tier

And now this can loop

I'll just simplify it and go with mihocek was underrated in the original comment

So mihocek is a massive in for them then

Which was the original point I guess

Edit: actually the original point seems to be they are "only" B graders, the way that it was put probably means they had B grade as lower than a second tier player, so I guess DQ was rating on the S tier scale

In which case I reckon he is A tier

And now this can loop

I'll just simplify it and go with mihocek was underrated in the original comment
Fair call, but I don't buy into the S level stuff.
I still think he is essentially a workhorse, but I am probably under rating him

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your only as good as your bottom 6.
Freo has had this annoying obsession with persisting with bad bottom six players. Tommy Sheridan and Hayden Crozier still getting games after 40 matches... nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back