Prediction Round 12, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go. This team is inbalanced. It is lacking mid depth. Too many talls. Why does the bench have 2 tall forwards lord almighty?

In Culley, Hall, Flynn [ 2 mids in, 1 ruck] Culley can play as a tall fwd also, taller than Waterman. He like Hall gives an extra mid to rotate through.

Out Darling, Maric & Sheed,
2 talls out and 1 mid.

Waterman Full Fwd

B Williams, J Williams Tall Fwds with Culley also a tall option.

Moving forward weeks ahead. Oscar then to remove a Williams from Half Fwd line. Hewett will replace Hall or Jones when it is time.

Last edited:

Out: Rotham, Sheed, Witherden (inj) Dewar

In: Harry Edwards, Petruccelle, Culley, Gaff/Trew

WAFL Eagles play Perth next week so maybe we can go back to back?

Sheed is finished at AFL like Gaff is, maybe for experience Gaff comes back in, maybe Trew needs more time in the two's.

Out - Sheed (don't see him coming back this season bar injury to a mid or 2), Maric, B Williams or J Williams (tough decision but one has to go for Flynn otherwise too tall - can't see them removing Darling), Witherden
In - Trew, Hall, Flynn, Culley

Trew straight swap for Sheed.
Culley in for Maric and to play lead up forward/mid.
Flynn for B/J Williams.
Hall in for Witherden and Hunt to move to defense to replace Witherden.

Sub - Hall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Trew, Dewar
Out: Sheed, Jones

Culley earned a crack but feel like him being sub is a waste of another game into his tank? HEdwards also worthy of selection but don't see a matchup for him + Gov + TB.

Out.....Sheed. ****in lazy. He is cooked. Make no mistake, contract or not, we need him gone. Thanks for 2018, here is the last yr of your contract, seeya.

The rest we can debate another time.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way. Needs at least another 3 seasons in our best 22 before the coaching staff can be fully sure.

Sheed decided he'd play one decent game and then dip.

OUT: Sheed, Witherden (inj), Dewar
IN: Trew, Culley, Petch (to sub - if not fit then Hall).

JJ to play down back in place of Witherden - fortunate that we don't have much depth in that position. Tempting to bring Flynn in for Maric but I doubt he's ready.

I don't think Rotham was as bad as is being suggested. Made a few timely spoils.

Out: Witherden, Sheed, Dewar
In: Harry Edwards, Trew, Hall

I preferred the 3 talls set up before Witherden came back into the mix. Trew's form can't be ignored and nor can 6 possessions from Sheed. Hard for Dewar to build a case for himself playing last 10 minutes 3 games in a row but he's had a stint, time to share the love and debut Hall.

Edit: Flynn, they say he's ready but I'd prefer him to play another game in the WAFL and build some match fitness. Also because I don't know if we can justify dropping either of the Williams twins.

I dont think we need 3 proper tall defenders vs the Saints who run King, Caminiti(ruck/fwd) and Membrey(190cm) as their 3 talls, we should be ok to cover with Rotham.
Would like one of Trew and Culley to get a game, along with Flynn. Id like us to bring in Burgiel too.
Witho calf and Sheed cooked + nose whatever happened there.

Out: Witho, Sheed, JWilliams
Ins: Burgiel, Culley/Trew, Flynn

Burgiel straight swap to play Withos role in the backline, or put Hunt in the backline with Burgiel on the wing. Culley/Trew for Sheed as like for like, and JWil naturally makes way for Flynn.

Would be hesitant to make any more changes than that, should be better at home

I just spent 5 minutes trying to write out my changes ... but there's so many candidates to be dropped I didn't know where to start and deleted it all.

If Flynn comes in, Maric probably out.

Jones, Duggan or Hunt to take Witho's spot down back, then whoever comes in either takes Jones forward spot (Culley/Petch if fit), Hunt's wing (Culley another option) or Duggan's roaming HBF run and carry role (not sure who would be suited to that).

Sheed out for Dewar to a full game, or Trew, or .... Gaff? I don't ****ing know.

Glad I am not a coach.

I dont think we need 3 proper tall defenders vs the Saints who run King, Caminiti(ruck/fwd) and Membrey(190cm) as their 3 talls, we should be ok to cover with Rotham.
Would like one of Trew and Culley to get a game, along with Flynn. Id like us to bring in Burgiel too.
Witho calf and Sheed cooked + nose whatever happened there.

Out: Witho, Sheed, JWilliams
Ins: Burgiel, Culley/Trew, Flynn

Burgiel straight swap to play Withos role in the backline, or put Hunt in the backline with Burgiel on the wing. Culley/Trew for Sheed as like for like, and JWil naturally makes way for Flynn.

Would be hesitant to make any more changes than that, should be better at home

Burgiel played forward this week and I have very rarely seen us debut a player into the back 6. Trew has more form than Culley. I'd love to see Culley again at the level but have no idea what his role would be, we have too many tall forwards to fit another one down there and he's too slow to be play as a small forward. No room for him in the middle either we can barely get Ginbey and Culley into centre bounces as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back