Preview Round 12, 2024: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, 1 June 2024, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginni might get a gentle tap on the shoulder for letting that slip.
Why would you bother? It will come out in the injury report tomorrow anyway. And if he is wrong, it doesn't really matter anyway

If Ned can get his hands to the ball, I don't think it'll be all doom and gloom with Day back in the side. He just needs to hold his ground as well as he can.
Meek seemed to tap the ball close to himself rather than out to advantage. Ned just needs to get physical and do the same.

If Meek is out that is a huge loss, the new rules suit him greatly and he’s been fantastic. Reeves against Obrien may struggle due to this

If Meek isn’t fit then why not play Nash in the ruck with Chol giving a chip out? Means we have an extra mid and allows us to bring in Ward.

Watson in for Shammy.

Dimma Frost Impey
Sicily Scrim Amon
CJ Newk Mass
Moore Gunner CMac
Ginnivan Chol Watson
Nash Day Worps
Dear Frenchie Ward Weddle
Sub: Bruest

If Meek isn’t fit then why not play Nash in the ruck with Chol giving a chip out? Means we have an extra mid and allows us to bring in Ward.

Watson in for Shammy.

Dimma Frost Impey
Sicily Scrim Amon
CJ Newk Mass
Moore Gunner CMac
Ginnivan Chol Watson
Nash Day Worps
Dear Frenchie Ward Weddle
Sub: Bruest
Because Riley O'Brien will dominate the shit out of those two

Meek seemed to tap the ball close to himself rather than out to advantage. Ned just needs to get physical and do the same.
Meek looked like he was trying to punch the ball to get an I50 stat from his hitouts against Brisbane. Or perhaps trying to create plausible deniability for an accidental roundhouse to McInerney's noggin.

Walker - Frosty
Burgess/Himmelberg - Sic
Fogarty - Weddle
Cook - Scrim
Rachele - Impey
Keays - CJ

Rankine missing means we can probably keep Hardwick forward. Also wouldn't be surprised if Scrim gets the job on Fogarty.

Nash to sit on Dawson all day. Crows mids otherwise aren't much chop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker - Frosty
Burgess/Himmelberg - Sic
Fogarty - Weddle
Cook - Scrim
Rachele - Impey
Keays - CJ

Rankine missing means we can probably keep Hardwick forward. Also wouldn't be surprised if Scrim gets the job on Fogarty.

Keays probably goes to Sicily

Walker - Frosty
Burgess/Himmelberg - Sic
Fogarty - Weddle
Cook - Scrim
Rachele - Impey
Keays - CJ

Good match up for Nash.
Dawson is in incredible form.

4-0 against teams outside the top eight
0-7 against teams in the top eight (as of the time we played them)

for the above reason, this upcoming match against Adelaide is a real litmus test. A match where the pressure is on us to win, not a free throw like we've had against sides like the Lions and Dogs.
will be interesting to see how we handle it, I'm of the opinion, it'll be we handle it very well, but an awful lot hangs on whether Meek is available or not.

Good match up for Nash.
Dawson is in incredible form.

Campaigner decides to start to light up the comp after I trade him out of my Supercoach FMD.

Ginni saying on SEN that Meek won’t get up for next week

Big loss
Just listened and he said he’d be struggling to play next week, not that he won’t get up.

I think the fact Meeky played out the game is a good sign for his chances. Assuming there’s no significant damage (probably ruled that out before they sent him back out) it will probably come down to how quickly the swelling goes down.

Fingers crossed he’s listed as a ‘test’ in the injury report and can get up for this one.

Who does he replace?
Is he knocking the door down at VFL level?

I'm not convinced we see him unless Breust and Watson are injured at the same time.
Probably replaces Mitchell
Wingard has now had 4 games at Box Hill and is well and truly ready.
Took an absolute speccy in the 4th and kicked truly.
Watson can have a game at Box Hill to work on his goal kicking.

Probably replaces Mitchell
Wingard has now had 4 games at Box Hill and is well and truly ready.
Took an absolute speccy in the 4th and kicked truly.
Watson can have a game at Box Hill to work on his goal kicking.

Until finals looks like a reality and Chad looks too good for VFL level then I personally wouldn't be playing him at all.

Currently neither of those things are happening.

As a result I don't really understand what a forward line of Gunston, Breust and Wingard does to help us in a development season.

Until finals looks like a reality and Chad looks too good for VFL level then I personally wouldn't be playing him at all.

Currently neither of those things are happening.

As a result I don't really understand what a forward line of Gunston, Breust and Wingard does to help us in a development season.

100%.

I would play 2/3 of Gunston/Breust and Wingard at most (with one as the sub to provide coaching from the bench). Rotate them to get them through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back