Preview Round 12 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions @ Giants Stadium, Friday 4 June 2021 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neale obviously plays if he and the medical staff think he's ready.

If there's any possibility he could reinjure he waits.

I got the impression Fagan was a bit skeptical whether he'd get up in the last presser . Or maybe just being careful with what he said.

Neale obviously plays if he and the medical staff think he's ready.

If there's any possibility he could reinjure he waits.

I got the impression Fagan was a bit skeptical whether he'd get up in the last presser . Or maybe just being careful with what he said.

Might have been trying to throw off Melbourne's preparation

Apparantly the game was supposed to be held in Cairns, but the AFL couldn't get an exemption for Melbourne into Queensland. If true, i'm disappointed in the QLD government. Melbourne have been isolating since the lockdown and would have been tested and confirmed negative upon arrival in QLD. Cairns is also another indigenous stronghold, and holding an indigenous game up there would have been meaningful to the game.

I don't think the medical situation is what people are concerned about when it comes to Neale coming back in. If the med team say he is fine then his body is right to go. I think people's concern is match fitness, touch and timing, that's been my worry. That will come down to the coach to decide. This is a very good team we are playing and the 4 points are very important in the long run when it comes to top 2 or 4 spots. It's not a game where 15 touches and 60% game time will be enough. I know some people here will say so n so only had this many touches, so n so only played this much time but Fagan has talked about how good the cohesion and synergy is within the team at the moment. If Fages thinks Neale is good to go for the whole game and his touch n timing are up to par, he will be in and I would expect him to perform.

If Neale comes in chances are he's gonna get a tag. The Dees tagged Liberatore last week. If Neale was a full match fitness that wouldn't worry me in the slightest. If he doesn't play who does the tag go to?

It looks like they've sold quite a few tickets in the last few hours, just based on what's available now on the TM website. I wonder if they'll open up more of the ground than they'd planned.

It looks like they've sold quite a few tickets in the last few hours, just based on what's available now on the TM website. I wonder if they'll open up more of the ground than they'd planned.

Plenty left in this block though.. I hope they open the other side under the screen too.

1622628025629.png

Apparantly the game was supposed to be held in Cairns, but the AFL couldn't get an exemption for Melbourne into Queensland. If true, i'm disappointed in the QLD government. Melbourne have been isolating since the lockdown and would have been tested and confirmed negative upon arrival in QLD. Cairns is also another indigenous stronghold, and holding an indigenous game up there would have been meaningful to the game.

Where did this information come from?

Has anyone seen credible information that confirms this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Qld Govt showed last year that they were prepared to work with the AFL to find solutions to allow games to go ahead. Maybe this time around the risk was just too great.

Honestly think they’ll try and rough up McCluggage first before anyone else. Might have to move to Lyons or Neale when they realise he’s too good for a tag. 😂

Honestly think they’ll try and rough up McCluggage first before anyone else. Might have to move to Lyons or Neale when they realise he’s too good for a tag. 😂
I reckon Melbourne are getting arrogant enough to believe they've got the cattle to do the job without getting over worried about the opposition.

Fake news.

Well I just want us to smash them by ten goals:
- Charles to get goal of the year
- Linc to pull down mark of the year
- Zac to kick 5
- JL to get more CPs than Oliver and Petracca combined
- Gawn (met him once, nice guy) to get zero marks
- Fritsch to go scoreless
- Zorks at the end of the game to say “it was a tough game, they’re a good team”
- boofheads on the couch to blather on later about Melbourne, not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back