Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular opinion and I know what people think of him but is Razor Ray the best umpire in the comp? Clear with his decisions and explanations.

Sydney board complaining about the umpiring and maybe we did get the run of the green although I just thought it was well officiated.

Doesn't help when Carey can't contain his hate for the Hawks and calls out every decisions that didn't go the Swans way.

I get sucked into talking s**t about Razor, but he really isn't the worst umpire - may well be the best. He just puts himself in the limelight for longer when the supporters hate him the most, even if it's for the right reasons. Players and supporters don't want a confident explanation of the free kick if they already think they're right or feel hard done by. The fact he takes his time explaining just makes people hate him more.

I know a few guys who've met him and they reckon he's a genuinely good guy.

How on Earth does Clarko assign the coach votes?

Everyone played their role in a magnificent team effort.

Not just Clarko being proud, but the boys should be proud of themselves. Was just a great game to watch. The only shame was TOB missing twice. He is normally accurate and deserved one.
I thought that miss he had in the 3rd was gonna come back to bite us

Hodge was really good at analysis when he first started in the box years ago.

It seems he’s slipped into the channel 7 mould of god-awful commentators now who just agree with anything any of them say.

Real boys club, have each others backs vibes.
Agreed. He initially was quite good.

Love Hodgey but he is an awful commentator (like the majority of them).

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

IF...

...you had a drinking game "Every time Carey complains about an umpiring decision that went Hawthorn's way"...

THEN...

...you wouldn't remember much of last night's game

So amusing watching Papley and Longmire cry about free kicks not paid and the commentators sook about Franklin not getting a clean run at the ball when he dragged Frost to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a GIF of CJ dumping Buddy into the turf early in the first quarter, it really set the tone for our win.

Just before the opening bounce of the game, Buddy walked past CJ and disdainfully pushed him out of the way with some force.
Not long after that, CJ smashed him.... holding the ball.
Made me smile a lot !

A few of the usual suspects seem to have been muted by this win.

I'm still here mate, I'll call it as I see it, no agendas or bias here it was an impressive performance last night. Let's see if we can play at that level of intensity for the final 10 games of the season.

Just before the opening bounce of the game, Buddy walked past CJ and disdainfully pushed him out of the way with some force.
Made me smile a lot !

Yes, I went through the same emotions.

It caught CJ unexpected and he laughed it off initially so it was pleasing to see this response in the game minutes later.

Made me smile a lot !
Saw that and loved it too and he absolutely rag dolled Buddy. Plenty to love about CJ and I reckon he’s only just starting to scratch the surface of his full potential. He is one of those players that will excel when he has others around him that are better.

When it comes to terrible special comments, everyone stands in Darcy’s shade.

player A handballs while being tackled.
Darcy: he is one of the best in the game at that.
Player B handballs while being tackled
Darcy: he is one of the best in the game at that.
Agree by far the worst , last week
Darcy - Cox is incredible for a player nearly 200cm to be playing wing
3 minutes later
Darcy - Cox is incredible for a player of 201 cms on the wing

Poor kid is growing during the game

The midfield last night was balanced, they didn't get sucked in to ball, where the opposition held there space. We trusted who was there, so defensively we were not exposed with opposition free players able to get easy exits.
Mitchell lead in this, in that he sacrificed part of his usual play for what was best for the team, and in doing so actually looked better.
I think a lot this year we have had players, trying to do it all, rather than doing what is best for team.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
On relfection I don't recall seeing this bad habit we have, very good observation.
also noticed that we held a space, blocking avenues for the opposition to run into.

The other Swans game I saw this year was against the Bombers- the commentators were gushing the entire night about Franklin, how good he looked and what a difference he made. Got three goals which pretty much fell in his lap, but if you closed your eyes sounded like Gary Ablett Snr circa 1989...

He‘ll still kick a few on guile and cunning, but these days he’s lost all of that remarkable physical edge. Defenders that once would have been terrified of him should relish that match up now.

I still love him, but he’s cooked.
He is a 1 in every 4 games performer now . Age has caught him . Still dangerous and will kick his 4-5 bags every now and then.

But most opponants can match him physically now. Frost good case in point last night .

Gets tackled more , lost consistent penetration in his kicking and now appeals to the umps if he cant win a contest .
All signs the end is near .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back