Autopsy Round 13, 2022: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Impossible game to take anything away from.

Umpires were shocking all night. Both ways.

Skills were disgusting from both teams.

Saints ran out of gas in the last qtr with no bench and the Lions capitalized.

Very definition of a "Forgettable" game. No point reviewing it. Just move on and get the recovery in for Friday night.

Umpiring was poor but we were also poor and Brisbane weren’t great but weren’t as bad as us. They should have won by a lot more.

Felt we took a while to adapt to Brisbane’s physicality and start to match them there.

Oh well, we get another chance against them at Marvel in a few weeks.

I’m not blaming the umpires for the result as this is obviously the way they are being told to umpire the game but it’s becoming unwatchable.

So disappointing on so many levels.

At least Hunter Clark will come in and Billings will get his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have tools and just don't use them, played some dumb footy, won some sectors lost others, in the very least matched it for the most part and Cameron in this match was a sniping little s**t.

That was a very close game for the most part against a side that’s been top 2 all year playing at home at a ground they practically never lose at with a packed crowd fully behind them.

The umpiring was atrocious on both sides, whether the calls were right or not they surely were controversial.

At one point in the game we were down 4 players, with 3 ruled out. Also having our captain Steele out and Billings and Clark building form in the twos.

It was a messy, absolutely insufferable game with almost zero replay value, and yet, with all those things going against us considered, a loss is forgivable (unlike for example the Port game).

A lot to improve on. I’d start by bringing in Billings for Wood. We’ll get Steele back in a couple of games time, Clark as well next week or the week after. We need to touch up our pressure and ball movement, with a focus on locking the ball into our forward 50, and setting up better behind the ball.

If this game marks the start of the second half of our season, then I say let this game be what the Collingwood game was at the start of the year. Learn the lessons, regroup and move onto the next week.

And, circle that Brisbane rematch later in the year at Marvel, we should be eyeing of that game to even the ledger.

Importantly, don’t let the loss get you down enjoy the long weekend folks. Looking forward to the Bombers next week!

Probably what I expected up there are the GABBA but at the same time a pretty disappointing game with so many playing poor.

Hill, Wood, Marshall, Long, Ryder, Windhager, Paton all pretty poor

And then we were just well beaten in the middle. Neale and Mcluggage killed us and we didn't have the answers.

Need to win next Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back