Review Round 14, 2017: Box Hill Hawks v Werribee Tigers, 23 July 2017, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

These 3WBC commentators are bloody ordinary.

They keep forgetting to tell the listener what is actually happening on the ground.

"Meanwhile..."

Commentate the bloody game, ya potatoes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long quarters so had to leave before the end (otherwise I will get locked in the cemetery :eek: ) but good win by Box Hill. Werribee had one good patch but we dominated most of the day. Good having Mirra back, he makes a difference.

How was Vickery's game?

I thought he was quite good. Took a couple of nice marks considering the conditions. Probably should have had a couple more goals as he had a few chances.

Last edited:
The game started down at box hill and the first qtr was pretty much rain free. It started raining and the game a war of attrition. In the conditions and wind it was difficult to get any real link up play most of it down the line to contest and sweep up mistakes and score.

Lets start with young Pittonet he was really good in the ruck took some marks around the ground and kicked a goal could have had another but sprayed the shot. He really threw his body around some really promising signs against big goldstein. Particular given the condtions he was great around the contest and one of the major reason for midfield dominance.
Hard at the contest all day Morrison was pretty composed and good especially in the first half he got a bit of the ball
Stewart had a more than serviceable game. The wet weather really suited him and he dined out on the hard stuff in close.
Olli Hanrahan the boy whenever he gets it things happen. Kicked his first running into open space beating a tackler steading from 40. Really classy finish. His bullet like pass in the first few seconds of play was something of anomoaly with players missing targets because of the conditions.
Willsmore and Teia Miles did their bit up forward and through the middle. Miles seems to be permanent forward these days.
Vickery had a reasonable day and could have kicked a few more goals took some good marks in the wet.
Kurt was also very good in defence all day. He attacked at every oppportunity good to see.
Mitchell Lewis has been great down back for us his height down in defence has been a big asset and he is getting some really good spoils in the game.

From the box hill boys i though bill murphy was outstanding should have been best on ground.
Switta once again pretty lively in that forward line and could have had 4 for the game but for some innacuracy.
Great to have Bull O'Donnell back and he will be better for the run. Really threw his body around with the likes of Max warren and Andrew Moore in support.
Nick Evans was really good off the half back flank. Dave Mirra working his way into the game he is still having limited game time but played the whole game.

Edit oh i forgot a very good played for box hill all day in Chris Jones his marking in the conditions ware very good and he was very good of the deck as well one of his best games for box hill this year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back