Review Round 15, 2023: Box Hill Hawks v Port Melbourne, 1 July 2023, 2.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Boys look absolutely spent. Wet ground is making for heavy legs at this point it feels.

Twice now that Serong has tried to kick a high risk inboard kick, missed the target, and the oppo have streamed into goal.

I appreciate the risk taking, but he needs to execute otherwise he just gives away scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win. Credit to the Burrah for battling it out until the end. Every time I see DGB forward I like what I see. Hustwaite, Serong, & great goal from O’Sullivan were some positives. CJ got through the game, brilliant first half tired in the second which is to be expected.

Fairly poor last quarter but it was enough. Shout out to Callum Brown who was in everything from start to finish.

Serong was really impressive. Was the whole package - intercept marks, rebound, spoils. Kicking needs refinement especially because he doesn't take safe options. Think he's found his role and can grow into it.

DGB kicked 4.2, a handful of strong contested marks. Looked a bit lost with his running patterns but had a large impact.

Ryan kicked 0.6. He's such a unique player, long arms and a strong mark. Did a lot right just didn't finish some gettable chances.

When Port kicked 3 quick goals it was Long who stood up, winning contest after contest. He really is a juggernaut and probably our best four quarter performer.

CJ really good (BOG in Q1) on managed minutes. Impact faded in the second half, as expected.

Credit to Koschitzke who did really well as the second ruck against Naismith. You can see him trying hard.

Stephens was really good early but quiet later.

Mackenzie had a very good game in conditions that didn't suit his class. 2 goals, 21 disposals, 5 tackles.

Hustwaite/O'Sullivan both had moments of brilliance in solid efforts.

Bennetts/BMac both down on their usual output.

Tucker is very raw and was well-beaten but his ruck craft is good.

DGB the forward!!!!!
I been harping on about it, but seriously. Kosi is a back, and DGB is a FWD. Kosi has all the traits as a back, build like a tank, good one on one, quick off the mark. Terrible as a fwd cos he lacks footy smarts and awareness and hands of stone. DGB is opposite, good skills and awesome aerially and has the smarts. Terrible one on one defensively. Make the switch!!!

Ryan's confidence in front of goal is shot, his last play on and snap was evidence of a guy who has lost trust in his routine. Shame the snap was touched as he nailed the kick.
Plenty to work with, he's a unique player who gets to the right spots. Just needs to spend some time during the week on his goal kicking routine just to reassure himself.

DGB as a forward looked good, he reads the play well and got some cheap goals but was always competitive and making hard work for his opponent.

I been harping on about it, but seriously. Kosi is a back, and DGB is a FWD. Kosi has all the traits as a back, build like a tank, good one on one, quick off the mark. Terrible as a fwd cos he lacks footy smarts and awareness and hands of stone. DGB is opposite, good skills and awesome aerially and has the smarts. Terrible one on one defensively. Make the switch!!!
I agree we should be trialling DGB as a forward and have said it a number of times. But I can’t see Kosi as a back due to his suspect skills, unless we are wanting a Frosty MK ll.

Gee it'd be exciting if they keep playing DGB up fwd and he excels.
It's interesting that Thorpe was shifted to defence to accommodate the HFC talls.
I read that Ramma & Finn held over for the seniors but anyone know why did Tank Morris & Fionn O'Hara not play?

Gee it'd be exciting if they keep playing DGB up fwd and he excels.
It's interesting that Thorpe was shifted to defence to accommodate the HFC talls.
I read that Ramma & Finn held over for the seniors but anyone know why did Tank Morris & Fionn O'Hara not play?
Both injured in last week's game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back