Review Round 12, 2023: Box Hill Hawks v Brisbane Lions, 10 June 2023, 12.05pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

There is certainly a view that he will be delisted at the end of this year unless something major happens. I disagree with that. He played a solid game today, with flashes of brilliance. The way he distributed on left and right foot with ease showed that he is worth persevering with.
It just reinforces the line that Chris Grant said years ago;

Little blokes have five minutes to show you that they can play and big blokes have five years to show you that they can't.

Is this our 7th this season?
It feels that way. Apparently there are 4 byes per team with 21 teams and just 14 rounds to set Ladder positions. Then there is a wildcard round, followed by 4 finals. It is a dogs breakfast of a comp setup... but Box Hill are winning so… I am happy with it. 🤘🏻

I would have loved it if Box Hill were playing when Hawthorn had its bye (=next week) so that I can get my Hawks-fix, but I guess it is also good for the entire Hawthorn list to have a week off And not worry about helping the lower comp if they have been in out out of the Hawthorn games. They have all earned a rest so … maybe next weekend I’ll just have to fix that leaky toilet.

moginie This is what Mojo meant.

Last edited:
There is certainly a view that he will be delisted at the end of this year unless something major happens. I disagree with that. He played a solid game today, with flashes of brilliance. The way he distributed on left and right foot with ease showed that he is worth persevering with.
The key will be to keep playing him down back.

Last year he started to show a bit there and next minute he is back in the forward line doing very little.

The key will be to keep playing him down back.

Last year he started to show a bit there and next minute he is back in the forward line doing very little.
I think Ryan's inclusion will give him the chance to remain in the backline.

If that's his ticket to a consistent AFL career, good luck to him.

I agree - and would absolutely love him to kick on - but it's always the problem of needing to find list spots at the end of the season causing difficult decisions.

Obliged to take 3 in the ND but we normally open at least 5 spots.

Honestly pretty hard to pick 5 names out at the moment.

I agree - and would absolutely love him to kick on - but it's always the problem of needing to find list spots at the end of the season causing difficult decisions.

Obliged to take 3 in the ND but we normally open at least 5 spots.

Honestly pretty hard to pick 5 names out at the moment.
No longer obliged to take 3 at the draft. They are counting trades in the 3 changes now.
So assuming a couple of players leave for picks, there's the changes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back