Trades Round 14 Trades (2nd week bye)

I had laird all week but through all the forced changes had to sideways Daniel wells to Trent Cotchin via DPP but now have to down grade zaharakis as I have too many premos in midfield in coming weeks

Whats to many? because that is a bit of an epic fail in trading.

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whats to many? because that is a bit of an epic fail in trading.
Daniel Wells was my FWD 6 and if i got rid of him it had to be for top 15 player so swap via dpp sam reid MID 10 for trent cotchin who is unique since had titchell, macrae, hunter, zaharkis on byes this week so have 9 premo players with jarred jansen MID 10... will get michael barlow for zaharakis in round 16 to complete fwd line and swap via dpp tom philips

Daniel Wells was my FWD 6 and if i got rid of him it had to be for top 15 player so swap via dpp sam reid MID 10 for trent cotchin who is unique since had titchell, macrae, hunter, zaharkis on byes this week so have 9 premo players with jarred jansen MID 10... will get michael barlow for zaharakis in round 16 to complete fwd line and swap via dpp tom philips

THats no to many. I reckon you should try and find the cash from somewhere else. I have Zaha/Cripps as my M8/M9. It is good cover if there is an out.

rimb

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Trent McKenzie? Priced like a rookie atm..

Harwood > McKenzie
Paine - T. Phillips

Yeah I'm currently going Mills + DBJ > Rosa + McKenzie just to get 18 on field this week.
Hopefully McKenzie will score ok especially with KK out of the side.

Apr 21, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'll probably be going McKenzie in for Mills. It means I can pocket around $100k and play him for this round and the next, and then move him to the bench. Tempted by Marsh and Joyce (if he holds his spot) for the extra cash but I think McKenzie is the safest option, barring him getting injured again.

Apr 21, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
McKenzie... Hmmm I don't know. He got a lot of scores in the 30s last year.

Reckon' Hammelmann is a better option if you're set up well for next week.
Unfortunately I've got too many from next round as is. I think he can score better than Hammelmann and he has better job security. His low average is obviously brought down by the two games he got injured in.

UpsideDown

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Adams to Joyce (didn't go Hammels as bye next weeek. a 30 is 30 none the less)
Wells to Ablett

20 playing. Rocky (C)

Actually: other options are Kaiden Brand or Jonathan Marsh. Marsh scored 61 in his one and only game this year. Which is the better of the three? Joyce Marsh or Brand?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Adams to Joyce (didn't go Hammels as bye next weeek. a 30 is 30 none the less)
Wells to Ablett

20 playing. Rocky (C)

Actually: other options are Kaiden Brand or Jonathan Marsh. Marsh scored 61 in his one and only game this year. Which is the better of the three? Joyce Marsh or Brand?
Probably Marsh. Have you considered Trent McKenzie? He has the best job security of the lot and probably the best scorer.

UpsideDown

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably Marsh. Have you considered Trent McKenzie? He has the best job security of the lot and probably the best scorer.

Thanks for the reply mate. I cannot justify an extra $80k+ for someone outside my top 18 anyway (I'm fielding 20 so Joyce/Marsh will most likely be one of the two lowest). So sticking with Joyce!

Apr 21, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thanks for the reply mate. I cannot justify an extra $80k+ for someone outside my top 18 anyway (I'm fielding 20 so Joyce/Marsh will most likely be one of the two lowest). So sticking with Joyce!
Fair enough! I'm paying the extra because I think he can score more and you could almost guarantee barring injury that he will play next week, which is what I need. Your reasoning is still sound though. Best of luck! :thumbsu:

LordHaart

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

I've unabashedly copied this (except it was Culter for Conca via DPP and Wagner for Cotchin via DPP). With 16 playing before trades and having slumped way down in the rankings, it's time for me to roll the dice. Biggest concerns are Collins, Cox and Davis. Still have M. McGovern but 81 was more than solid for him so pleased with that.

I've unabashedly copied this (except it was Culter for Conca via DPP and Wagner for Cotchin via DPP). With 16 playing before trades and having slumped way down in the rankings, it's time for me to roll the dice. Biggest concerns are Collins, Cox and Davis. Still have M. McGovern but 81 was more than solid for him so pleased with that.

Cotchin has 2 scores below 100 and 1 was in round 1. He is an awesome unique. If conca can average 80ish I will be stoked.

Awesome trades!

Apr 25, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Traders said on their video today that Hammer-man had 130 points in the NEAFL last week. Key position player so probably won't translate to AFL... Still, not bad for 125k def/fwd.
Will wait it out until round 16 if he gets selected considering massive turnover of the team meaning there is no job security for majority of players in the lions especially with Leppitsch as coach

Back