Round 14 Trades: how can we win the weekly this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel garner is in for his second game .

And no Walters. Burner me last year when I needed him the most.

Walsh > Gaff for now

Then probably, out Rozee & Gibbons, for either Treloar & Gardner or Macrae/Neale & Clarke. About 30k short of the preferred Treloar & Clarke.

Of course if I want him I'll need to select Clarke tonight, but I probably won't know if Gardner is playing on Sunday.

Going to hold on to Rockliff and Westhoff at this stage.

What have you seen from Robbie that makes you want to bring him in ?? Hinkley is never going to play him as a full time mid for an extended period.
He is fairly cheap and can be my F7/M9. My expectations are not that high but i will have another look and see if i can figure out a better option

I can do Stack, Fisher, Butters > Treloar, Walters, Logue

EDIT: Next week i can do Balta > Hind/other rookie & Duursma > Cogs which will leave me with just 1 backline upgrade to complete my team. Then i can look to get Whitfield when he comes back and hopefully have 4 trades leftover for covering injuries

Last edited:
Is Walters forward in that scenario or mid ?? If mid, do you already have Macrae ?? He looks a buy with Libba out.

Yeah ive got Macrae. Walters will be in my mids for 1 round which is fine for my bye structure. Next round ill trade Balta/Parker for a midfield rookie and upgrade Duursma who is currently in my midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point the only trade I am looking at doing is Balta to Ryan Burton via Rozee to F7.

Hoping to hold any more trades for a few weeks now.

Will be shuffling Burton, Smith and Duursma between D5, D6 and D7 when the byes finish.

Fielding 19 this week.

Pretty safe bet in my opinion. He looks to be back playing as an inside mid, the role which saw him dominate last year. He is also owned by a large percentage of teams, so the risk is low if he doesn't continue to pump out scores like he did in his last game.
That last bit is a good point. So I'm thinking:

Option 1
O'Brien -> Duncan/Merrett via about 3 different rotations
Stack -> Brayshaw
Smith -> Hurn/Sicily/Salem

Option 2 is
Walsh -> Duncan/Merrett
Stack -> Brayshaw
Smith -> Hurn/Sicily/Salem

In both above options I'm leaning towards Duncan and Hurn. However, if I bank on O'Brien and Walsh earning $70k in 2 rounds and $25k in one round following their byes that could be the difference in having a full premo team down the line. So another option:

Option 3
Stack -> Brayshaw
Smith -> Salem
Butters -> Henderson or cheaper.

Here's the current lineup in 'preferred' order.

Any other thoughts?

Smith,B -> Logue,G
Walsh,S -> Macrae,J
Drew,W -> Boak,T (got him :))

after having just 13 starters last week, it looks like i'll have 22 this week :thumbsu:

Do you guys trade in burner players for d8, f8, M11 to give maximum cash or continue to select playable rookies even if they are 30k more?

Can't bring myself to get gaff or Hurn at their highest price this week when they have such high be over the next 2 weeks.

Do you guys trade in burner players for d8, f8, M11 to give maximum cash or continue to select playable rookies even if they are 30k more?

Can't bring myself to get gaff or Hurn at their highest price this week when they have such high be over the next 2 weeks.
I do but they are usually the last 3 downgrades I make for the season

Do, but normally just before finals time. Also making sure that they all have dpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back