Trades Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone considering Scott Lycett as forward. Im hearing that Paddy wont be back in for rest of the hear and lycett will be a lone ruckman. When he is a lone ruckman he averages close to 100 which is cheap at 520k.
If he stays as a lone ruck then yes, but who the * knows? FWIW I have him in my SC team(s) and couldn't be happier ATS

I believe that at the end of this week, and probably more accurately over the next fortnight, we'll see a truer reflection of actual rankings. I feel like you can paper over the cracks a little with 3 trades a week during the byes to get to 18 - and then luck takes over.

It'll be interesting to watch the next fortnight or so.
*, i'm going to plummet :(

Disagree. I had him to start and he scored poorly even when Ryder was out.

Geelong game was an aberration imo
During a time when we were playing Lycett, Westhoff, Ryder, Marshall, Watts and Howard in the side. Only 2 of them are playing now.

Seeing that Whitfield is not back till Rd17, I need to find a new def, like to know what peoples thoughts are. (Currently have Lloyd, Laird & Stewart)

Daniel: very good form, but does this continue? He is constantly getting 30 poessions and has a good kick on him. His fixtures look tough coming up.

Hurn: to me he seems like the clear number 1 option, but how can i bring in a guy with a 3 round avg of 79, coming off a hamstring? His fixtures for med defenders look amazing, is it worth taking the risk?

Crisp: a little unique prospect, his run is so so, but his shown some consistency this year. Yes he's had some low scores but that's a given from a DEF. Being a pies player I'm not keen on him, but he does score well

Sicily: Massive risk here, but surely he goes back to DEF? If he does he's a safe 85-100, and his fixtures are ok. I'm betting at his price that he returns to his potential AA position and returns to his 95 avg.

Blakely: was very hot on him coming off his bye, but he looked deplorable last week. He was playing deep back in the first 3 quarters and his scoring showed. However flicked into the guts in the last quarter and his scoring picked up. With Walters out, he may get a one week stint there, with hill out though does he stay in that halfback role? I'm not too sure, may need a freo input.

Would love some input, at the moment my order is:

Hurn, Crisp, Daniel, Blakely, Sicily.

But the value of Blakely and uniqueness of crisp is tempting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even so, nows not the time to be speculating. Keepers, keepers, keepers
Oh most definitely. I just have no idea what his team looks like but just looking in that price range if someone were keen to do it - Heeney and Lycett are the only two that stand out at all between 500-600k

Seeing that Whitfield is not back till Rd17, I need to find a new def, like to know what peoples thoughts are. (Currently have Lloyd, Laird & Stewart)

Daniel: very good form, but does this continue? He is constantly getting 30 poessions and has a good kick on him. His fixtures look tough coming up.

Hurn: to me he seems like the clear number 1 option, but how can i bring in a guy with a 3 round avg of 79, coming off a hamstring? His fixtures for med defenders look amazing, is it worth taking the risk?

Crisp: a little unique prospect, his run is so so, but his shown some consistency this year. Yes he's had some low scores but that's a given from a DEF. Being a pies player I'm not keen on him, but he does score well

Sicily: Massive risk here, but surely he goes back to DEF? If he does he's a safe 85-100, and his fixtures are ok. I'm betting at his price that he returns to his potential AA position and returns to his 95 avg.

Blakely: was very hot on him coming off his bye, but he looked deplorable last week. He was playing deep back in the first 3 quarters and his scoring showed. However flicked into the guts in the last quarter and his scoring picked up. With Walters out, he may get a one week stint there, with hill out though does he stay in that halfback role? I'm not too sure, may need a freo input.

Can you afford Houli?

Daniel > Hurn > Crisp > Sicily > Blakely if I were to call it today

Daniel

Can you afford Houli?

I can afford houli, but he is priced almost $100k more then daniel, is that justifiable? His run looks a little iffy + someone mentioned short. Would he be your number 1 ?

Daniel > Hurn > Crisp > Sicily > Blakely if I were to call it today

That's my thinking, I just can't pick daniel, he's so short and that scares me lol

Was looking to bring in Gaff or Yeo this week, Eagles with a nice run home but both are quite expensive. Struggling to choose one of them over a guy like Sloane who is $100K + cheaper and averaging the same as Yeo for the year. Any suggestions ?

Was looking to bring in Gaff or Yeo this week, Eagles with a nice run home but both are quite expensive. Struggling to choose one of them over a guy like Sloane who is $100K + cheaper and averaging the same as Yeo for the year. Any suggestions ?
Great call. It surprises me to see people getting in certain premos, when there’s premos for 50-100k less that will average as much

Take out Sloane’s injury game and he’s averaging 109, which is pretty much top 8 and saves 100k from the likes of Gaff/Treloar/Zerrett etc

I took a look over the potential rookie downgrades this week and wrote a brief summary for each. Hope this helps somebody.

Harrison Jones - 170k defender. Breakeven 26. AVG in VFL 77.6 from 10 games. 79 from one JLT game. 3/5 job security. Should see opportunity as Hawthorn look towards 2020. Jump straight on if named or wait 1-2 weeks.

Will Snelling - 207k midfielder. Breakeven 32. AVG in VFL 109 over 3 games. 2/5 job security. If he comes in and plays well, he should generate a considerable amount of cash. Worth waiting a week.

Ben King - 234k forward. Breakeven 14. AVG 34.2 from 5 games. 4/5 job security. Break glass in case of emergency. Avoid.

Jarrod Cameron - 217k forward. Breakeven 5. AVG 69 from one game. 1/5 job security. Rioli back this week while Petrucelle and Ryan are fit. Could be pushed out and given games sporadically.

Griffen Logue - 303k defender. Breakeven -10. AVG 87 from two games. 5/5 job security. Last chance to jump on and still get reasonable value. Carlton at home this week should see his price soar past 350k which makes him unobtainable as a rookie.

James Rose - 262k forward. Breakeven 4. AVG 62.5 from two games. 3/5 job security. Hasn't had a consistent run of games in the past four seasons but has shown potential. Sydney looking towards 2020 may see him string some games together. Jump on this week or it'll likely be too late.

Joel Garner - 210k defender. Breakeven 9. AVG 49.5 from two games. 2/5 job security. Rated highly as a leader internally and should play over the next fortnight and potentially beyond pending Ports finals chances.

Peter Ladhams - 185k ruck. Breakeven 10. AVG 51 from one game. 1/5 job security. Potential to play every game for the rest of the season - but with Westhoff and Ryder playing twos it's unlikely they won't be brought back in eventually. Ideal downgrade from ROB if he's sitting at R3 - otherwise you can afford to wait 1-2 weeks.

Nick Hind - 211k midfielder. Breakeven -7. AVG 57 from two games. 2/5 job security. Has played a mixture of forward and midfield roles. Little downside at his price, breakeven, and scoring potential. Jump on now or wait one more week.

Last edited:
Looks like Rose is my best bet to get in Macrae (pencilling him in as a must have, am i wrong ?)

Hore --> Rose (via Answerth, via Danger)
Duursma --> Macrae

Still got some pretty questionable premiums down back (D3-D5), waiting for Whitfield to return.

Laird, Lloyd, Witherden, Blakely, Milera, Logue (Naish, Answerth)
Treloar, Gaff, Coniglio, Merrett, Macrae, B.Crouch, Cripps, Dangerfield (Bewley, Hind)
Gawn, Grundy (Fort, Cameron)
Dunkley, Boak, Kelly, Martin, Ziebell, Worpel (Rose, Gardner)

I fear the Rampe experiment is over. I know he has an easy match-up this week but I just can't back myself with a guy that unique. Time to just play a straight bat and get in the popular premos. If I'm going to pick a unique guy he needs to be an actual premo averaging 100. Saw a lot of value in swans defenders Dawson and Jones but I reckon they are just at that awkward price now. Hannebery stands out as much better value and has a good role.

Trades looking like:
Rampe to Hanners via Guthrie
Hore to Taranto via Duurs

Leaves me 175k in the bank and rookies on field are Logue and Duurs.
But others that are not good enough as keepers: Guthrie, Brayspud, Worpel

Could have traded Duurs instead of Rampe but feel Duurs has a better role and is more popular so less risk. Rampe played a lockdown role last week which I wasn't a fan of. Duurs should bounce back this week I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back