Trades Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on Hannebery. I can totally understand both sides of the arguments for getting/not getting him.

For those of you who are looking to get him, what path are you taking?

Rookie upgrade? Trading out a underperforming premo?

I’m seriously considering because of a few factors. I basically have no cash after three upgrades last week. My rookies are either worth nothing (Gardner/Burgess) or still have growth (Logue/Naish/Baker/Bewley). I have Boak in my mids and can make $170k trading Worpel to Hannebery (Boak to Fwds/Hanners M8) which allows me to upgrade Smith to Laird.

Then for my team it’s basically using the cash from my Logues, Bakers etc to upgrade Perryman, L.Shiels, Hanners (hopefully in a month to a fallen premo) and then onto guys like Neale and Cripps as all rookies are currently off ground.

For me, Gibbons has been on my field for 1-2 weeks prior to the byes. So for me to go Gibbons (408k, last two scores of 46,81) to Hanners ($455k) is what is perfect for me right now.

My trades are Smith > Dusty v DPP
Then Gibbons > Hannebery

Leaving me with $123k for next week before another bench rookie downgrade. I’ll feel a lot better with Hannebery than Gibbons.

Hately couldn't have worse JS imo. GWS have shown he's the first one out when they want to bring someone in and even when playing well in the 2nds, struggles to get picked again. Could easily see him being dropped next week again...

Tossing up between either

L. Baker > Rose & Brayshaw > Parker

OR

Brayshaw > Hately & Duursma > Houli

Annoys me that it has to be Duursma but my other DEF rooks are Naish and Logue, who have plenty of growth, and Answerth doesn't give me enough cash for Houli. The most expensive player I can afford upgrading Answerth is Stewart but that feels like a waste. Wish it could be Answerth though,

I badly need a cheap forward with some slight JS

Anyone that I can look out for?
Depends on how cheap.
$234 Ben King (GC) is getting better each week.
$262 James Rose (Syd) will make money

The $170k that are some chance of a game, (js becomes a gamble with any $170k, if they were good, they'd be $700k)

Jack Ross (haw) a slight chance this week.
Ben Davis (Adel) rumoured to be considered this week.
Matt Allen (one day, lol) :-|
& If north know what's good for our fantasy teams, Lachie Hosie should get a run.

Duursma -> Naish
Maybe D Clarke -> Gaff, Yeo or Cripps.

Choices! Cripps is great potential value but his tags are scaring me. Gaff will come good, Yeo is loving tackles at the moment. Leaning towards Yeo.

Hately couldn't have worse JS imo. GWS have shown he's the first one out when they want to bring someone in and even when playing well in the 2nds, struggles to get picked again. Could easily see him being dropped next week again...
Couldn't agree more. Whose that bloke with the collarbone injury again?

My Thursday night footy excitement is the closest thing to a kid on Christmas Eve. Especially with the Giants playing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It never phases me - I look at the VC like a bonus bet. I'm not gonna hop on a return of 1.10 so i don't mind having a bit of punt on it

I hated the VC option early in the year. Really felt like it undermined the comp a bit starting off with 6 weeks of Wednesday or Thursday bonus VC's. Really amplified the luck factor in the game. Not to mention the annoyance of partially locking out some of your side.

But I didn't do myself any favours either as I didnt notice that before rnd1, so I didn't have many options for VCs each week.

Next year I think I'll intentionally pick more players from those Thurs games to give myself some VC options for that double chance.

Loving the VC chances now though. Free swing and even if I miss, Grundy will get 200 anyway.

Gleeson hasn't played a game for nearly 2 years and is still 329k so useless.

These are the guys that should be priced at 250k so they are not completely irrelevant. Cant be 170k because that would skew too much but the 250k would at least make you think.

Fantasy needs some kind of parameters where they look at anyone out of the game for over a year. Something like if they haven't averaged over 90 before hence they are not game changing then price them the same as the top end rookies. Some parameter like that would mean Docherty wouldn't fall in this category and skew teams, he just gets the standard 20% or 30% or whatever it is.

These are the guys that should be priced at 250k so they are not completely irrelevant. Cant be 170k because that would skew too much but the 250k would at least make you think.

Fantasy needs some kind of parameters where they look at anyone out of the game for over a year. Something like if they haven't averaged over 90 before hence they are not game changing then price them the same as the top end rookies. Some parameter like that would mean Docherty wouldn't fall in this category and skew teams, he just gets the standard 20% or 30% or whatever it is.

Yeah, they clearly need to make mid-pricers cheaper so that people actually consider them. The guns and rooks approach means everyone has the same team

Exactly this.
So many players are irrelevant in the middle ground.
I said the same with Will Snelling as a mid season draftee.
He played 1 token round 23 game in 2016, (one of those, here's a thankyou game before we delist you) He's priced at $207k.
If they price him based off his 1 game score from 2016, then give us his negative break even from 2016 too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back