Game Day Round 16 vs Essendon at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will find a way.
It's just what we do.

Narkle to have the most tackles for Port.

Port made a big deal about how his defensive game had improved before we picked him up.
Narkle wants to impress the coaches then out tackle everybody.

On paper we’re a lot better than the Bombers, but I have a bad feeling about this one. Maybe it’s because we’re coming off the bye. Bombers by 17.
Every week someone has a “Bad Feeling about this game moment”
It’s understandable as nobody can win every game every week.
I believe it’s going to take a very good side to beat us or we have a bad game and they play out of there skins.
The more likely result is we win

Logically we will drop a game at some point, but why do we have to?

My mindset with this one is the same as the Bulldogs game - it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost this game, but I don't want to see the players coming out with that mindset. The good news is this team doesn't seem like they are coming into games with a "well somebody has to lose" mindset any more. So why can't we make it 12 in a row?

we should win this relatively easily. They won’t be able to defend our ball movement and their back 6 doesn’t match up well with our forwards.

Unless we get destroyed in the centre square we’ll win. If the holy trinity really get going in the middle it could be a 10goal win.

Ports by 43pts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MCG thing is overrated. Winning a home and away game at the MCG is nothing like walking onto the MCG on grand final day as the villain with 90k against you. That takes a special level of talent and resilience that isn't displayed in victory or defeat tonight.

The MCG thing is overrated. Winning a home and away game at the MCG is nothing like walking onto the MCG on grand final day as the villain with 90k against you. That takes a special level of talent and resilience that isn't displayed in victory or defeat tonight.
Its still a lot better than losing a h&a game at the MCG. We have to take what we can get.

Honestly I still feel like Essendon is on an upwards trajectory and have made some good moves, but right now they are at best the 8-10th best side in the AFL and we should win, even with the bye curse.

In a final Id rather face the Dons than say the Cats, Dockers, Dogs, Crows or Tiges, even though those sides are all below Essendon.

I think there's something wrong if 90k of the crowd are going for one team.

We are going to drop another game. I'd prefer that not be the Showdown.
Then again, Brisbane were 3-6 (I think) after 9 games in 2001, but then won 16 in a row to pinch the premiership from the seemingly invincible Bombers. Let's be Brisbane.

If Essendon play like they did last week we will win by many. But that is not likely.
Our MCG Form has been pretty rat s**t in recent times, so a win tonight is important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back