Review Round 17, 2018 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be a wonderful thing being an AFL "journalist". Next week he'll just write some fluff line in his column to the effect of 'X young Lion' is a future gun and that'll be it. No call out on the previous articles. It's literally a waste of energy getting upset about that worm.
I wonder if that other ******* Hutchy still thinks Chris Fagan needs some tactical nous in the coaches box. Hutchy you idiot.

After his shocking first half and a bit, I think after a few clean touches you could see Cox's confidence rise and he actually looked good a few times hitting the ball at pace and gathering cleanly
I think he can make it Cox. We don’t have anyone else that can move like him, especially in the back half. Hopefully once he realises he belongs at the level he will become a weapon for us.

I wonder if that other ******* Hutchy still thinks Chris Fagan needs some tactical nous in the coaches box. Hutchy you idiot.

I don't think it's any coincidence Purple and the bald Croc share the same shitty opinions. Purple was once his apprentice.

Rayner also looks incredibly happy to be here. This new lot look like they want to be big fish in a small pond which is fantastic as the pressure is on to outperform their mates during the game and enjoy the win after!

If you win in an small town (ie not Victorian) team you get double swagger opportunities. And when you do it from crap facilities you get triple swagger.

Swagger it out boys.

**** draft picks, l want to win every game now. Special mention to our back 6 and Walker in particular. Anyone know who was generally on Breust. 6 goals last week and got relegated to 2 points today.

Robertson was I believe and didn't he do a stellar job in defence. Robbo18! you must be a proud father!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already have it in Hodgey!
I just hope we can hang onto him after next year.
He would be a great asset to have in the box after his playing days are over.

I saw the score about 15 minutes ago after being cut off from the outside world since Midday.

Sh!t yeah!!!!!

GO LIONS YOU GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL THINGS!!!!!

And another thing....in the preview thread I tipped us by 32...................I am close to pure genius.

PS. Hope you enjoyed your collect Kezza

Robertson was I believe and didn't he do a stellar job in defence. Robbo18! you must be a proud father!

His marking was the most profound change I'd seen in his game to date. Took a lot more marks, particularly important relieving marks, than he ever has. Two contested unless I'm mistaken. Was super solid.

edit: I thought I'd check this and he only took 3 marks. I swear he took more. Will be interesting to see on the replay to see the context of these because I had it in my head he took some really important defensive marks and contested.

I’m all for leaving the same team go around next week including cox replacing hodge. Cox improved across the game and is the future. I think now the backline has learnt enough to cope without the general infield.

Hodge’s tactical input across the ground from the coaches box is as effective as his on field input to the backs so we don’t actually lose anything from him not playing, in fact I think he is more influential from the box.

Bugger me but today felt a whole lot more important than the previous wins.

Back